Bodyshop experiences

I know there are a TON of threads on body shops between here and 780. But a lot of the “feedback” is just hearsay. I’ve heard good things about Dougs, Reflections, Modern, Joeys Place, Showcase.

I am getting my front fender and bumper replaced and painted (there will need to be body work done to the fender as I have removed that indented body line on th rest of the car) Insurance is paying for all of that.

I also want to get my rear bumper and hatch painted to match the car (very little body work needed) I will be paying for that.

The most important thing for me is that the paint colour matches the rest of the car, which was repainted in '02.

Does anyone have any EXPERIENCE with the above mentioned shops, or any other shop that I should look into?

I have had only good experiances with dougs place. Do not take your car to the following

Jhean’s Autobody on 91st Street
Empire Autobody on 91st Street

Jheans attempted to give me my car back with the frame still bent and empire had my mom’s el for over 4 months… All they had to do was fix some paint and replace interior panels. It was complete bullshit… they didn’t even properly fix the car after the 4 months was over. I sent the car back to them twice.

I’ve had really good experiences with Carstar Collision off of Calgary Tr. and ~74th st.

The owner, Johnny K, is a pimp who loves and knows a lot about cars. They’re honest about how long it will take and it’s usually pretty quick.

Great work too. He’s done lots of work for me and not once has it not been done perfectly.

This might be a bit of a gamble, but if you if you are very clear on what you want, when you want it and you have all the parts, you could try Ronnie’s Autobody in Calgary. There was a lack of communication with my car, and some things weren’t finished, but what was done was pretty good. . .

:lol: don’t. . .

Dougs probably won’t touch it. They didn’t want to do my hatch.

I’ve had a couple nice experience with Jim Young Collision Repair. Its across the street from Doug’s place on 78Ave and 99St I think.