Bodywork Help

Okay first off my rear trunk lid was hit a while back by truck and subsequently i had it replaced at no cost to me but ever since ive been getting water an snow in the trunk, not to my suprise i need to have my trunk lid taken off an re affixed so it can properly seal. Id gladly pay someone to do this that is knowledgeable and would charge me within reason.

Secondly a friend of mine recently had his bumper all fucked up at the hands of his driveway. He has a lowered VW jetta and when he pulled in the car went one way and his bumper the other the hard snow an ice got a good grab on the lip of his bumper and broke the clips on his bumper. Basically he needs it painted and remounted. See…
http://www.dubsinthebuff.com/forum/volkswagen-related/12327-need-some-help-asap-bodywork.html

jetta bumpers dont rip off w/o causing serious damage, they use step bolts that have a washer sized head on them, the only way the bumper comes off is either unbolting it, or ripping the shit out of the bolt holes

2 at the top of the bumper “horns”
4 (?) under the grill
2 behind the fog light grills

the grill is also most likely dead too, those are easy to break even while they are still in the box, ripping it free of the bumper is usualy a death sentance

EDIT: check the fiberglass radiator support for cracks also

theres no serious damage, the clips on top of the horn are busted off, the lower brackets were fine, one side clip is busted off, the other if fine because i took it off…
Looks like the bumper was not put on properly when i had some work done… cough and why it come off so easily…

a visual of the car shows no other damages…

it had clips up top ? not metal bolts ?

all plastic… clips and all

Im gonna order a euro bumper soon, just need to get it painted, so if anyone knows someone feel free to let me know

my old bumper can be repaired, but ill just keep it for a project or something

cool

im pretty sure Choko does painting, might want to PM him

ok so am i just better off taking mine to a shop then? All i need is a trunk lid take off an remount.

Did you have your trunk fixed professionally after you got hit? If so take it back and tell it’s leaking. They didn’t do the job correctly the first time and thus should fix it at no additional charge. Well, in Utopia anyways. You might have to argue with them. They might not do it anyways. :stuck_out_tongue:

been down that route it got me no where. SO im back to square 1 i just cannot have water seeping into my trunk all the time i dont want it smelling like ass unless there is a reason for it (hockey equipment).