bodywork

DO NOT USE:
Rivets
Screws
2 sided tape

DO USE:
panel adheasive. SEM stuff is what I use. You need a special gun to dispense it. The tubes are like 1-1/4" dia and they get despensed side by side then mox themselves in the special tip on the gun. just squeeze and aim. lol Sch. auto body will hook you up they are great. SEM 39897

Your putting fiberglass panels on steel? Remove the paint all around where the flares will go on, and scuff the fiberglass to 320 grit, then stick them on. There are different lay up times on the adheasives, one of them is like a 15min tack time so that you wont be there for ever holding the piece in place.

Then once you get the pieces in place, do your body work. I would spread out a thin layer of MAR-HAIR, or what ever you get find around here. Its the epoxy based filler with fiberglass strands mixed in. spread some of that out over the seam then take a spreader and press on a layer of woven fiberglass mat. NOT the chop mat fiberglass, the woven stuff. It will allow you to squeegee it nice and tight over the mar-hair and will be nice and clean so you wont have a ton of sanding to do once you put filler over it. That will add alot of strength to the panel, and dispurse the pressure from seam from the two panels if the fender ever gets hit, bumped or vibrates you will be less likely to crack the body work.

The worst thing is that the metal expands and contracts differntly than fiberglass, thats what leads to cracking sometimes. The panel bond is strong shit, and that will help keep the pieces held together.

I did a bunch of molded on body kit pieces and lots of fiberglass body work. I still see the cars I did rolling around 6+ years later and none of them cracked out yet. If you have questions i can help you out.

i would not mold it on if you plan to ever use the car.

This.

Bunch of hard parkers in here.

I learned that the hard way :cry:

sooo what should I do? Rivets ?

Depends on what you want to do with the car.

I want to drive the balls off mine and drift it, so I’m riveting the over fenders and ziptie the bumpers and skirts on.

honestly id like to do a little bit of drifting maybe 1-2 drift events … mostly straight line racing…

Shut up :cry: