wanted body work (pics)

I am looking for some body work done so i can keep moving on my project .
I need the hole ware the moon roof was patched and welded up and made to look like it was never there from the out side.
I am very limited on income so if you could give me the a good price i would appreciate it .
-thanks-
Jeremy @ 451-6159 any time
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/VWmama04/myproject1043.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/VWmama04/myproject1044.jpg

Try Neil’s autobody down on Central Ave. They fixed a dent in my mom’s car for less than half of what everyone else wanted and their work has been in magazines.

damn :confused

wish i had a welder, i’d be all over it. if you find someone to weld and won’t do the rest of the prep, get ahold of me.

i have a welder but i dont want to do the body work

SO , weld that sheet up dont b scared!!! :crackup

Buy a patch piece of metal or cut your own, and weld it in, if you’re looking to save money. Try to be as careful as you can and do most of the prep work yourself, as far as grinding, sanding, priming. That would leave the painter with just spraying and paying for paint, which would be fairly priced.

I know a few people that would do it very reasonably.

I think I’m going to do it I’m just scared of f##ing it up . I guess i can practice on the engine bay first .

dude, how can you really fuck it up?

just get your heat/ feed speed set right, and alternate your welds. you shouldn’t get any warping. as long as its been cut out good, you should be able to use little to no filler.

just do the welds, and maybe if i have time i can get it prepped for you.

In cars almost nothing can get “fucked up” it just going to take longer in prepping or more work for the body guy.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, jeremy you’ll warp the roof if your not careful. You need to stitch the panel in very slowly and carefully, alternating sides so that the panel doesn’t warp. It is not for someone who has limited welding experience. To get it right and make it look like it was never there, will cost you big money. Cut a piece of aluminum and pop rivet that shit in, isn’t this suppose to be a track car? If so who cares what it looks like.

I think i know what your talking about . Im going to copy the hole on card board then copy it on the metal and cut it out the place it ware it goes then take magnets and place them on the roof to hold it in place . Then tack weld it every 12" from the inside and from the bond

doesn’t the roof usually have a natural crown to it??? i personally would tig weld it.
and to control warpage i would remove head liner and take couple cold wet (not sopping) towels and put snuggly in to the area ur welding to help control heat disapation.

but again this just me and what do i know… :ponder

i would tig weld it or better yet i would send it to the body shop lol j/k i only have a flux core mig welder.

o ur GONNA warp it then!!! :nono

spend the 50$ and get the conversion kit and convert that bitch to solid wire!!!

Pop rivets yo. :mwahaha

yeah if its a track car why not just use rivets, or sheet metal screws.

all these suggestions SUCK!

do it right with jb weld. its the new hotness.

spend the 50$ and get the conversion kit and convert that bitch to solid wire!!!
[/quote]

its my Buddy’s welder I’m just barowing it

PopRivits FTW