Body work

Does anyone out here knows how to do body work. I they know can anyone help me out. My car has a lot of rust and i’m planning to fix it. I’ve got a grinder, sand paper, body filler. All i need is to get paint. Can anyone tell me the steps of how u do the body work.
Do i sand it down first or grind it? What is the diff between these 2. Would the grinder be too strong when i grind down the rust?
I’ve tried to use body filler but it just made like a big mess. Am i supposed to use some tape or metal or something to cover the hole before i use body filler.
Do i still have to prime it after i’ve done all this.
Also my car has been dented inwards so do i just use a hammer and hammer the dent back out?
Hope someone can help me. Thanx

The best piece of advice I can give you is to take your car to a professional. Get it done right.

my car is like a piece o junk, so i just wanted to fix it myself if i can. I don’t want to spend like $2000 doing a paint job.

Dunno if you are still looking to fix the body, but the way I did it was alright, and it looked pretty mint after. I origionally used (yes this sounds ghetto) chicken wire to make my mould, and from there i put fiberglass on. After you have this basic 1 or 2 layer fiberglass structure, you can sand and edit it how you want. Then you can put it on the car using another fiberglass layer. (this layer covers your “new piece” and the place where you are attaching it.) After, i used bondo to striengthen, smoothen etc. Many repeats of sanding and filling and you will have your new piece.
What will eventually end up happening is that you will sand through some of the fiber bubbles and put holes in the fiber. But that is ok, cause u fill it with bondo neway. Kinda ghetto, but if u take ur time, it can look mint for a very low price. (it requires alot of sanding and re-filling)
Neway, that is how i did it. Good luck.

I didn’t read the whole posts, but, my black fb was a pile of junk, the rockers and the quarters were runined. For the rockers i made a template out of cardboard, transfer it to wood and made a jig to bend that crappy galvinized steel that you can get at partsource. It worked great.

My advice is if your goign to do this yourself, invest in a Sandblaster, it will make your life much easier, take your time and don’t worry if you screw up, thats the beauty of metal, you can just add more.

Cheers

Thanx for the info that u ppl have replied. I really appreciated. So did u ppl just buy those spray can from canadian tire? So fiberglass i just buy at canadian tire rite? Do i have to mix it with anything? So i don’t use primer? What does bondo do? Hope someone can reply me thanx.