Lookin for tips on rust and body repair

Ya so my KA blew 2 weeks ago. and now my cars gonna be out of commission for a bit while i save for sr20 and some engine upgrades. in the mean time i am pretty much gutting the s13 240 and repairing rust and other dents and holes. i have a few problem areas. for one my spoiler. i haven’t quite taken it off yet but i kinda know whats gonna be hiden under it. another major issue is with the chassi underbody. on both sides there seems to be what looks like fiber glass repair dun to the chassi… my guess is the gy b4 tried hiding it so he could sell the car. now i figure theres rust and was wondering whats the best way to go at it and fix it and if it would b easier to toe her into a body shop and let em deal wit it. and my other concern is how much would that cost.
oh and more thing for the body work whats the best thing to use to fill the body lines of the car. and i was wondering if any body could tell me where i could get poly from cause the only place i have to work on my car is at work and i can’t make a hudge mess.

rust restoration is never an easy job. if you have >$5000 to blow, then get a shop to do it. otherwise, you might want to tackle it yourself. go to your local campus where they offer autobody courses, and buy the autobody book. there’s a good one with a grey cover and red crysler crossfire on the front of ours, sorry i forget the name and i lent the book to a friend. :oops:

buying a welder, sandblaster and other materials is going to cost alot less than paying a shop to do the work for you. then it’s just sending it off to a bodyshop for final prep and paint (which will be much cheaper).

ya i know all tha. i was hopen for some info on where to get products and whats the best to use.

hmm, look for your local bodyshop supply place. they usually sell to people off the street too.

i would use 3M sandpapers, and PPG prep materials like wax and grease remover/spirit wipe primer etc. filler is a different matter. for dents deeper than 1/8" you’d need short strand fiberglass filler and then your medium weight filler and glaze. you could go with 3M, but i usually go with the evercoat line. alot of the guys in the business use it amd rage gold lightweight (glaze) is very easy to work with. there’s better stuff out there, but you can even buy evercoat from partsource from my understanding.