Bonds indicted

because bonds holds the record, not the other, common sense here

[quote=“Afrank45,post:20,topic:38817"”]

I have a question to ask everyone…why is it that bonds is the face of this thing when the entire game is tainted and mcgwire(sp) sosa and tons of others clearly did the same things. I understand Barry really isnt a likeable guy so he is getting what he set himself up for but sosa and the other arent all stand up guys either so why single him out?

[/quote]

Please don’t tell me you are going to try and make this a race thing. I wanted to stab Steven A. Smith in the neck yesterday for saying this was a race issue.

Here is my .02 for why it is Bonds. McGwire would have been in Bonds shoes but he retired before anyone got a chance to do anything about his drug use. McGwire was the first person to be publicly questioned because he broke the single season home run record.

Now that the suspicion is in the air, enter Barry Bonds. Bonds broke the record and people started questioning him the same way they did McGwire. He will obviously be the center of attention thanks to the record and now steroids and HGH are illegal (2003 & 2005).

Enter Balco which makes suspicions worse. Sure McGwire’s name is on the same stuff as Bonds, but McGwire is gone and no longer a record holder so nobody really cares. Bonds is a miserable prick by nature so his antics just draw more attention to himself.

Bonds is the poster child of the steroid era because Bonds has been the poster child of Baseball during that era. I’m sure it doesn’t help that there is evidence that he was in contact with people and now there is proof he tested positive.

[quote=“dubbin91,post:16,topic:38817"”]

Bonds did nothing wrong, he used what is out there in todays medicine.
And they were not against league rules when he used them, so therefore, he did nothing wrong on a sense of his record.

[/quote]

Are you honestly that dumb?

[quote=“66impalass,post:21,topic:38817"”]

because bonds holds the record, not the other, common sense here

[/quote]

common sense really interesting because bonds has never been caught yet the people who have recieve not another look… so common sense…right

[quote=“nappy1380,post:22,topic:38817"”]

Please don’t tell me you are going to try and make this a race thing. I wanted to stab Steven A. Smith in the neck yesterday for saying this was a race issue.

Here is my .02 for why it is Bonds. McGwire would have been in Bonds shoes but he retired before anyone got a chance to do anything about his drug use. McGwire was the first person to be publicly questioned because he broke the single season home run record.

Now that the suspicion is in the air, enter Barry Bonds. Bonds broke the record and people started questioning him the same way they did McGwire. He will obviously be the center of attention thanks to the record and now steroids and HGH are illegal (2003 & 2005).

Enter Balco which makes suspicions worse. Sure McGwire’s name is on the same stuff as Bonds, but McGwire is gone and no longer a record holder so nobody really cares. Bonds is a miserable prick by nature so his antics just draw more attention to himself.

Bonds is the poster child of the steroid era because Bonds has been the poster child of Baseball during that era. I’m sure it doesn’t help that there is evidence that he was in contact with people and now there is proof he tested positive.

[/quote]

No i am by no means claiming its a race issues as a matter of fact i mentioned sosa and i include gary matthews jr etc in the debate.

but my point is Paul Bryd gets fingered for HGH on the day of Game 7 of the ALCS and no one bats an eye. Palmerio gets busted after lying in front of congress and it gets swept under the rug but the “crusade” of bonds just seems like a deplorable act to me because everyone is dirty. If he was the only one i would understand completely, but clearly he is not so why not just let the grumpy old prick be and move on from it?

[quote=“Afrank45,post:24,topic:38817"”]

common sense really interesting because bonds has never been caught yet the people who have recieve not another look… so common sense…right

No i am by no means claiming its a race issues as a matter of fact i mentioned sosa and i include gary matthews jr etc in the debate.

but my point is Paul Bryd gets fingered for HGH on the day of Game 7 of the ALCS and no one bats an eye. Palmerio gets busted after lying in front of congress and it gets swept under the rug but the “crusade” of bonds just seems like a deplorable act to me because everyone is dirty. If he was the only one i would understand completely, but clearly he is not so why not just let the grumpy old prick be and move on from it?

[/quote]

I completely understand that argument, but an example always has to be made for things such as this. There always has to be a first, someone to set the precedent, and is this case the highest profile player in the game opened himself up to be that person.

[quote=“nappy1380,post:23,topic:38817"”]

Are you honestly that dumb?

[/quote]

Well oh mighty one, please enlighten me on what he did wrong on the use of steroids. They were not banned from the league when he “used” them so therefore on the aspect of enhancement drugs he did nothing wrong. As far as legal issue of them being against the law, that different.

Steroid use is illegal to you & me, therefore any athlete can’t use them… simple as that.

That is like saying a player who does cocaine during a baseball game is immune from common law because its baseball…

Illegal is illegal regardless of where they are used.

Also, Bonds actually is a nice guy in person, he just comes off as an asshole in interviews, etc.

I don’t think If you understand how a Grand Jury works, they are so biased towards the procesuction, the whole concept almost goes against what we know and believe to be our justice system.

The prosecutor, for instance, determines which witnesses appear before the grand jury, can offer immunity to those witnesses, and conducts the basic questioning of the proceeding, while a defendant may not even have his or her attorney present.

I’ll start caring/paying attention when criminal charges of perjury and obstruction of justice are actually brought forward.

Even if this happens, proving perjury beyond a shadow of a doubt is damn near impossible. If they had anything, they would have had Bonds on trial years ago. They’ve got nothing and they are just making these accusations now because all these GRand Jurys are wasting tax payers money and they have limited spans to come to a conclusion. They just threw this out there as a desparate attempt to stir the pot to see if any real evidence will surface. I don’t think it’s going to work to be honest.

[quote=“Rx3,post:28,topic:38817"”]

I don’t think If you understand how a Grand Jury works, they are so biased towards the procesuction, the whole concept almost goes against what we know and believe to be our justice system.

The prosecutor, for instance, determines which witnesses appear before the grand jury, can offer immunity to those witnesses, and conducts the basic questioning of the proceeding, while a defendant may not even have his or her attorney present.

I’ll start caring/paying attention when criminal charges of perjury and obstruction of justice are actually brought forward.

Even if this happens, proving perjury beyond a shadow of a doubt is damn near impossible. If they had anything, they would have had Bonds on trial years ago. They’ve got nothing and they are just making these accusations now because all these GRand Jurys are wasting tax payers money and they have limited spans to come to a conclusion. They just threw this out there as a desparate attempt to stir the pot to see if any real evidence will surface. I don’t think it’s going to work to be honest.

[/quote]

he has been indicted on perjury and obstruction. thats exactly what these indictments detail. and if you read the indictments, they are not only based on witness testimony, but also based on a trail of paper evidence that has been obtained since 2003.

facts are facts. if they have papers proving positive steroid tests for b. bonds, they have witnesses stating he knew full well what he was taking, and miscellaneous supporting evidence to corroborate, he is screwed.

the federal government doesnt like when they are lied to. perjury is perjury. obstruction is obstruction. do you really think they would have pushed for an indictment if they didn’t have sufficient evidence, given that this will probably be the most publicly scrutinized cases in US history? doubtful.

fuck barry bonds i’ve waited 4 years for this…

who is a barry bonds fan anyways outside of San Fran… prob no1

I am a Barry Bonds fan since he was on the Pirates, my only reasoning was I liked him back when he made a cameo on the movie Rookie of the Year. Then of course when I started playing fantasy baseball he kicked ass for me, and now this. Doesn’t taint my opinion of him at all.

it should… hes the biggest cheater in the game… and its not becuz of his fucking color im sick of hearing that shit on tv shows what a joke…

i mean raf Palmero got basically kicked off the planet when he did… and bonds is the most obvious user of them all, and he lied, and hes an asshole too lol

fuck em :slight_smile:

Even so if he took steroids, you still have to have some talent to hit a homerun 755+ times. I dunno, he could openly admit he took them and I’d still have respect for him, I don’t approve of cheating in professional sports at all, but I can’t even imagine how many players do take steroids that just don’t draw as much attention.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:33,topic:38817"”]

Even so if he took steroids, you still have to have some talent to hit a homerun 755+ times. I dunno, he could openly admit he took them and I’d still have respect for him, I don’t approve of cheating in professional sports at all, but I can’t even imagine how many players do take steroids that just don’t draw as much attention.

[/quote]

Bonds was an MVP and a hall of famer before he got huge in 1998 so I dunno what the deal is or if he was just jealous of Sosa and McGuire. In any event, they won’t take his numbers away from him or anything but I doubt any BBWAA writer is going to vote him into the HOF.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:34,topic:38817"”]

Bonds was an MVP and a hall of famer before he got huge in 1998 so I dunno what the deal is or if he was just jealous of Sosa and McGuire. In any event, they won’t take his numbers away from him or anything but I doubt any BBWAA writer is going to vote him into the HOF.

[/quote]

Thank you, at least someone else agrees. I hope this all blows over for him, no * should apply, * on records should never exist, either give them the record or don’t.

i didn’t say he isn’t talented damn he was the most feared hitter in baseball for years… and what he did b4 he started roiding up was legit… so starting was stupid as fuck and obviously he is just jealous and greedy.

and an * should apply… the people voted that way duh lol