Boost Pressure - What are you running?

Hey gang, with all the turbo cars we have on this site now, I’m interested to know what the max boost is for your daily driver. This must be a boost pressure that you hit AT LEAST ONCE a day.

1 BAR :slight_smile:

15psi off the wastegate

Ran 0.98bar this morning (14.21psi).

Felt like wood. :o

Looking forward to seeing what it runs this Sat. :dunno:

Haha… I love the 0 option, finally an equal opportunity thread :smiley:

omg, today i hit 0 vacuum

what a rush

Well - these days I am retuning my AVC-R settings for open exhaust so I’m often hitting 16 to 18 psi while it figures itself out.

When all is said and done I’ll have 4 settings:

11psi - closed
14psi - open
16 psi - closed
20psi - open

…and will hit each daily.

I do 200km everyday so i keep it stock 5 weekends I go crazy with 10 lol

Explain open exhaust Dan. I read your thread on FA but didn’t keep up with it.

Open as in dump tube? or Open as in pre-cat dump?

LOL

“I’ve SEEN the way you drive, you’ve got a heavy foot.”

5 happy pounds on KA-T for me, for now. Not gonna push much more until I get some wideband goodness hooked up.

As a side note, another IAP’er made 210rwhp on 5 PSI recently! Like, wow. I gotta get mine to the dyno! :slight_smile:

Yeah - I am now running a DMH Performance Electronic Exhaust Cut.
www.dmhperformance.com

I have it welded into the downpipe…pre-cat…and have it activated by a in-car switch.

Wow… that’s beautiful. Ultimate sleeper.

Trust me - with the cut open…no one anywhere is getting any sleep. :slight_smile:

Hahahaha! Yea, that’s true. But nonetheless, this allows you to run a stock, or close to stock exhaust, and still have performance when you need it. Infact, what I would do with it, is wire the switch to automatically open 'er up everytime you get above say… 3500rpm? You can still manually open it if you want to take it to the track or strip, but this way you won’t have to press a button if you wanna downshift and ruin someone.

Nah - you would not want to run it off a rpm-based switch. It would get really annoying if it was just opening all the time, even at part trottle.

The motor is really fast anyway, being full open within a few seconds.

Yeah I was gonna say, you definately don’t want it to be opening all the time.

Ah, I guess it depends on how you drive your car. For me, if I’m above 3500, I’m not at part throttle :smiley: Then again, with 400whp, you probably don’t need full throttle most of the time.

Hahah - yeah Phil’s heard it…

Oops - made 23 psi at 4600rpm on the way home just now…still some duty cycle tuning to do.

Only 22 boosted cars here?