Boosted honda People !!!!

Thats because I am that kid.

Laduke, since your driving it in this cold weather and the car was tuned at higer temps it would be a good idea to invest in a wideband. That way you can see your AFR is. Hell, its good at anytime but at least you can monitor it till you get a better tune ya know?

So much fuckin win right there I’m plus reppin your ass for this one.

As Brett has mentioned numerous times:

Causes of detonation

1. too little fuel for the amount of air.
  2. Inability to ignite mixture ( excessive gap, or low voltage )
  3. Excessive combustion chamber temperature. ( hot plugs )

Does this car have a MAF sensor?

Do you have an IAT sensor? (they work as a team)

Have you changed the routing of your intake plumbing or rotated your MAF?

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Are you having problems with the always problematic Honda distributor?

That LaDukes civic cost 5K :lol

And please, smack me like a hooker!

:rofl Glad someone liked it

serial cable? how many pin ?

Open ass - insert thick, self-medicated head.

+1 rep thats whats up:vlad

quoted for a quality post. they are few and far between afterall.

Yes , from Xenocron. All you can do is datalog.

do you have it already? how many pins is the connector on it i have my serial cable from my Haltech i think its 9 or 10 pins

Nah ordered it last week still havent gotten it yet.

well answer my question in regard to the amount of pins it has, and you might be able to get sub zero logs

Is the amount of fuel added dependent on temp with ectune? It should be if its ectune pro. I know i have that setup on kpro.

Does the car have an MBC? I would turn the boost down a bit, since the density of the air entering the compressor is increasing, you are more than likely running SUPER lean. The colder air is denser than warmer air, and since the fuel injectors can’t keep up with the denser air entering through the compressor wheel, you will experience knock in the motor.
If this car is going to be the daily, I would have 2 tunes for it, a summer tune and a winter tune, since the density of the air is going to throw your tune off if the car was in fact tuned in warmer weather.

Would also help if you knew the injectors current duty cycle. If they’re already at or close to 100%, you may want to look into a bigger injector, if you want to run high boost in the winter.
I would just turn down the boost though.

There is two tunes . Has a flip switch. One is set for 9 lbs and the other is for 16lbs.

Pretty sure its eCtune Pro

I’d switch to the 9lbs tune, should stop the knocking, unless theres something more serious happening, which I doubt. Just sounds like boost needs to be turned down.

You don’t think he’s got it on the 9lb’s tune?
Thanks for re-stating what has been said in this thread multiple times.

I’m sorry that I don’t have 4 hours to read every single post in the thread, oh great forum king.
Its the second to last week of school and I don’t have time for that kind of chicken shit bullshit. Just trying to help Bobby out, since I don’t have time to do it in person like I want to.