bought a new car. MANY pix inside

Congrats man, nice car.

Made me realize how ugly Chris’s rims are too. (Sorry Chris) :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice looking!

But for future reference please include the requisite “bag of milk” in the title. Thank You

Signed,

Management

eat it jay…i love my rims…i actually like the stockers on 04-06 though

locktite ur butterfly screws and get a header as much as nissan claims they fixed those issues by 06…they didnt

www.myspecv.com

www.specv.net

i heart sapphire blue…i bought mine from Autoplace too

I approve, nice DD buy

man they really toned down the looks after 03, regular looking interior (the red one was gross anyways), and the less chiseled front bumper. I always thought they were all the same.

BTW: how the F did you take those pictures at the airport without getting beat down by homeland security? lol

Clean cars, always liked these 'lil pocket rockets. Agree on the front facsia. Enjoy :tup:

red interior FTW…btw that was only on 02s

bolt on mods dont really do well on these cars…ur biggest gain will be in a tune and header…they run fairly rich from the factory…more rich than most…one guy gain 19hp and 14 ft lbs on a SAFC tune alone…header will help…the rest are minimal gains but will add up…crank pullies and such…lightweight flywheel is a nice change…revs a whole lot quicker…

wrptechnology.com has some nice parts…Crowler just came out with some nice cams too which i might pick up…any questions feel free to PM me

VERY NICE, I ALWAYS LIKED THE SPEC V’S
my sister drives one…either a 04-05. i think those look the best and damn they like to pull nicely.

i heard that motor is better reliablity then the 03s and down

not really…they all still have the same issues except for MAF issues…they fixed that 04-up

lol, nice new ride

however, if you just said “i got a blue 06specv., I like it, woOt!” or something like that it would have done just fine! :lol: :tup: to new rides

yeah like chris said. loctite the butterfly screws asap and get a header as your first mod. plenty of them floating around in the classifieds on myspecv.com. too many people have had precat problems and having it break up and go into the motor. so do it sooner unless you wanan get a new motor lol. but yeah its an awesome car. enjoy it!

thanks guys, i’m already registered on myspecv.com as nsogiba. i’ve read enough about the BF screws and the precats to be forewarned, but obviously the dealer isn’t gonna be happy about keeping the warranty intact if i start tearing stuff down. you know how shortsighted they can be, despite the fact that i’d be doing this to preserve reliability. definitely planning on AEM SRI and a HotShot header if i can find one. i dug into my old issues of Sport Compact Car last night and found a great long article about their SE-R rally car project. dyno tests and reviews for lots of Jim Wolf Technology parts and such. i’ve only heard positive reviews about the products, so i’ll be definitely looking in to that. beyond that, i don’t know how far i’ll go–probably not as far as removing balance shafts and new cams, but who knows.

what i DO need to do for now is work on myself. i agree with the theory that everyone’s first modification should be improving their driving skills, so i’m just gonna try to tame that torque steer and getting to know its limits. besides that, i mostly have to read more about the tunes and such. i’ve done some reading on the precat and BF screws, but i’m basically in the dark with the SAFC.

thanks for all the good words guys, glad you like it, because i LOVE it lol.

i work there, and lots of my time there is spent sitting and waiting. when you get bored enough you start to notice the patterns of the guards, and you find gaps between the searchlights. no, in all reality, just avoid the retarded traffic guys and you’re good. if anyone wants to go there at night sometime with a decent camera lemme know.

awesome glad to know your on top of things lol. an easy $20 mod if you wanna do it is motor mount inserts to cut down alot on wheel hop.

safc is cake to install, i have no idea about tuning tho so i jsut go to mike at innovative lol. but the install itself is less than an hour

Hot shot will be hard to find…XS package seems to be popular and relatively inexpensive for a a header set up…as far as SAFC…it will lean it out a bit. BF screws the dealer wont even know you did them…the balance shafts are a good idea…they like to start to tear themselves apart past 6k rpms…so if ua re going to rev it out a lot u might want to think about it…JWT makes a removal kit…or just cut the chain to them…i am ckilger12 on myspecv.com

most responsible thing ive heard on here in a while :tup:

W00t another SpecV in the Buffalo Area. Get a header. Nissan can’t void a warranty because of aftermarket parts. THEY have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem. Not the other way around. Yea the looks on the 06 definately got dulled up but you can make them look pretty decent.

torque is the word of the day here. nothing i’ve driven squirts through traffic better, and i don’t have to rev it like a ricer to pass cars. lol had to put a sister comment in there.

lol that would be far too easy. plus i love talking about this thing.

yea the torque these make makes it fun to drive and zip around

thanks for the heads up. i’ll really look into it with all the things i need to do. most importantly i have to do 2 tires, because they are worn, and one has a nasty bulge. lol classes are over at one for me so i’ll start my reading then.