bought a newer tdi

should do ok for hauling the SHO round to track day

Nice pickup! :tup:

Any warranty left? evoMR was saying he had to have some major work done to his but fortunately it was covered.

it is a 04 i’m pretty sure the factory warranty is expired. I was calling around some aftermarket warranties and one of them will cover the power train for a additional 100K or 5 years. he was listing the things it covers and I asked specifically about the diesel injection system he said it does not cover diesel pumps or injectors. but does cover turbos, trans, transfer case, axles, engine. problem is it cost $2500 and the warranty expires when claims reach 6K. I have driven it nearly 400 miles so far and the truck needs nothing. The transmission programing was written by a fucking 4 year old though. in sprot mode it is a lot better but still hunts for gears and is in 4th gear which is super annoying. I think a tighter torque converter would make this thing 100% better to drive because as soon as the turbos spool it is ready to shift, and a tighter converter would essentially make all the gears last longer… that said i’m keeping this one stock. quiet, comfy, and most importantly shiny

What’d you pick it up for?

Tune it.

Yeah, watch it with some of those aftermarket warranties as they are real fuckers. Some of them will cover timing belts, but, they don’t cover the labor to do the job so they pay for the $30 belt, great. Truck looks great.

These things are baller, and fucking beasts!

at the high cost of the warranty I would be self insuring myself for 2500 and they are really only covering the vehicle for 3500. honestly it does not really seem like a very good deal. I might get one if something breaks otherwise probably not. now if it covered the air ride system I probably would get it because I imagine that shit is expensive to replace.

What’d you pick it up for?

Tune it.

24K. I have been looking into tunes. seems like it picks up the top end a bunch but the actual gains are not significant. Nobody seems to offer a transmission tune which is really what it needs to add power.

These trucks always remind me of the Nazi Touareg kill story: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?7150-good-read-FL-street-racing-(Rx-7-v.s-Nazi-Toureg)

beast of a truck but my dad had one and it had a ton of issues. He had a V6 that threw a timing chain around 90k.

I think you have a problem buying way to many cars.

Nice truck, I borrowed EvoMR’s quite a bit, it’s an awesome towing truck. I’m guessing it has the same HUGE brakes and air ride to go with it?

[edit] I see the air ride and big brakes, sweet!

X…

i really really really love these but man oh man are you going to feel the pain when something goes wrong…

and its a vw so you know its going to happen. lol.

^ What are you talking about, VW’s are super reliable :wink: lol.

Nice pick up Alex, Brian was telling me about this the other night and I was waiting to see pictures of it.

Im super pumped for you this is my dream truck… and you know Ill be around to help you when it brakes. Ill look into what i can do with the tranny I know on the O1M (jetta tdi autos) I can reprogram them a little.
Im pumped to check it out. shame im up north right now :frowning:

2004 was certainly the wrong year Touareg to buy though…

what kind of MPG does this V10 TDI get lol

^^^^ I saw 20 around town and 24 mpg on the highway in EvoMR’s truck, as long as you take it easy on the go pedal. In fact it was still above 20 towing a race car.

X…

Thats sweet, now I want one!

Congrats, I love driving EvoMR’s V10. Its the first time I have ever really wanted an SUV… until he shared some of the maintenance bills with me and I put that thought out of my mind till I am alot richer.

nice!