VW Touareg V10 TDI - What do you know/think about it?

Been looking into picking up an older VW Touareg V10 TDI for a new(er) vehicle. I don’t really worry too much about the maintenance(brakes, oil, etc) portion of it, but what I do worry about is the obvious, the Drivetrain. I know that euro cars in general are prone to all sorts of awesome electrical failures and what not, but what do you know about the V10 Diesel powerplant? I don’t want any my cousins’ brother’s best friends aunt shit either, lol.

Some people have mentioned turbo failures, minor electrical issues, but not much else. What do you think? Any information on this would be appreciated.

torque monster

you can bring it to the tdi wizard and i won’t kick you out of my shop. that’s all you really need to know!!! LOL

LOL, you need to give me the full size version of that pic in ur sig! That shit is hot! BTW, I’m making a (stupid) funny one with Dunstin in it.

I know used, they are fucking LOOT. Looked at them awhile back. Don’t get the best mpg either.

I heard they can move out though. More so than the Cayenne* even

can we put big injectors and a turbo on it??!?!?!?!

lulz at these prices

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/used/volkswagen/touareg/touareg-2/v10-tdi/_/N-ma9Zfi1Zh4dZh6xZjuyZm5d?prMx=40000&sf1Dir=DESC&prMn=0&alMdId=32683&mkId=20089&mdId=22189&mdId=22281&rd=150&zc=12144&PMmt=1-2-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-pseudoPrice-trId&pgId=2102&trId=25738

they are fucking UGLY.

Well, I love Porsche Cayenne’s and I assume it’s the same frame. But WTF do I know.

Pretty sure its the same frame

24k with 130,000 miles. that is fuckin nuts!!!

They are awful looking IMO, but I do have to say they are a nice vehicle inside and look to be pretty safe. Not only that, but you can tow a mountain or two and drive directly up a brick wall while towing it.

Yeah, I’m looking at one that has 120k and is only 16k… no way over even 18 with that many miles.

These got like 500ftlbs tq

they have 2 ECU’s controlling the engine, one for each bank. but they haul the bread with a tune thats for sure.

it already has 2 from the factory

only problem tho is when you get them replaced it’s $4,500 just in labor

No different then an S4, lol

yea but your motor doesn’t weight 2 tons

Jason just do it lol you will fit right in on C****r ave lol

on a serious note, the trucks are awesome, every v10 tdi is fully loaded. they were a little over 60k new and the frames and suspension are completely built by porsche. some of the down sides are that they don’t get great mpg, they can have transfer case issues from time to time, and if the truck has been beaten on the trannys do let go from time to time in these things due to have such high torque numbers.

other then that the things are great, solid trucks, and you must put an exhaust on it the second you get it