VW Touareg V10 TDI - What do you know/think about it?

anyone who doesn’t straight pipe anything tdi, is a faggot.

jason and wayne are V10 buddies.

do it j, thing will be a beast.

these are sooo cash, do itttt!

Tom Hansen told me that when they first started being sold, they had some issue with the turbos which requires/required a full engine-out servicing.

Sucks.

ouch.

At the end of the day they’re still VWs.

:lurk

LOL, yeah, I suppose the engine out servicing does blow, but what the hell does it matter, it’s no different than most other cars nowadays. However, I’m not sure I’ll be straight piping this pig if I do get it because it is going to be a daily for the wife or myself. From what I could gather, you are all right about the transmission problems from the massive torque numbers and the occasional turbo failures. Luckily I know some people that know some people that can get shit done :ninja

So, basically this truck is no worse than any other that’s out there! Except that it’s based off the Cayenne, has mad torkz, and supposedly get good highway mpg on occasion.

How do you guys feel about picking up a truck with over 120k on it tho? I know the magic number has moved well into the high hundreds of thousands for gas motors and well above 200k for diesels, but do you think the truck itself as far as the electrical, belts/hoses, and drive line has been compromised at all more or less than usual? Do you think it would be worth it? Maybe an aftermarket warranty or something to help deter some costs would be a good idea?

DO EEETT

I want to baaaaaad, but there’s no way I am going to assume another payment and potentially another persons problems unless I know some more ins and outs. I suppose a membership to the V10 club would probably be worth it alone, lol!

get ahold of tom hansen and have him go through it before you buy? He is/was a VW tech

how much history is available for the car? if there is little to none…ehhh…just do a good going through before purchase.

straight piped tdi’s aren’t loud at all. my truck is quiet and my jetta was quiet. you just get a nice turbo sound. The turbo sucks up all the excess noise on a diesel. Shits BADASS.

I haven;t really looked into it, but I’m sure it will be gone by the time I get around to it. Once we sell the wife’s car then we’ll be in better shape. I can start getting serious then. I’m sure we’ll wind up closer to 18 than we will to 16, but I will do my due diligence when the time comes for sure.

Hmmm, well, I just have to make sure it doesn’t drone out too bad or maybe just rock a delete on the muffs.

You sellin the M?

Nah, the Acorn.

yea you were a bit skeptical at first. but fell in love with the sound immediately

My friend’s jetta TDI is straight-pipes out the side, its actually amazingly quiet. My accord has a very small leak in the stock exhaust, and the jetta is still quieter.

Hmmm, looks like straight pipes could be a good option then. I checked out some sound clips on the 'ol YouTube and it actually sounds good. Not only good but quiet too.

yea dude, like i said all the exhaust energy is used by the turbo which REALLY quiets them down.

LOL, yeah, we already fit in worse than anyone else in the neighborhood, lol. We fit in so good I’ve already had a laptop stolen from my car!