Bowtie Overdrives

HEY!

Anybody on here ever deal with these clowns before?

I spent 2k on a level 3 700R4 that was supposed to handle 680ftlb.
1st converter they sent was out of round and out of balance.
Rear seal has always leaked, had it replaced, still leaks.
Goes into 4th gear … ummm … sometimes, sometimes not.
Slips & freewheels in 3rd gear (this is a feature not a problem).
Internal vibration especially in 3rd gear.
Supposed to shift at 5500. Shifts out of 1st at 4500.
Tried holding it manually ONCE. Hit 2nd at 5500 and got NEUTRAL.
(thank god for rev limiters)

This bullshit completely WASTED my entire summer last year. It’s coming out shortly and it will NEVER go back in. I supposedly have a one year warranty and we shall see what happens. I am going for the $$$ back option, but if that doesn’t fly, I will go for a replacement then sell it on Ebay to try and recover some of my investment.

This just plain fucking sucks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

my tranny guy>*

Who’s ur tranny guy?

Don’t keep it a secret…mebbe I’ll call him up.

Did you run their TV-Made-EEZ system? If not, I’m willing to bet that is 85-90% of your problem.

Yep, actually I did (and it looks like a good system by the way). I bought their whole fucking package, TV-Made-EZ, pressure gauge, temperature gauge, torque converter, speedo gears, etc.

I was on the phone with them when I did their pressure tests, they gave me the go-ahead to drive it, I was on the cell with them the first time I drove it, etc. I followed all their (very detailed) instructions to the letter.

Basically I was sold a piece of shit. (I’m used to it, it seems to happen to me a lot).

Besides, ya can’t blame the leaking or the internal vibration on the TV system anyway.

I’m DONE with it. I’m going Manual Valve Body on my next one!

I think you have a legitimate gripe then. I was just saying that if you aren’t running the TV-Made-EEZ system then they will just bitch and moan about how if you were running that you wouldn’t be having problems, etc…

I have a 700r4 and have done a ton of research and shit on them. I would really prefer to sell it for a 4L60E though because I’m going to a computer controlled, fuel injected engine with the ability to run a 4L, which would just seem like the more intelligent thing to do.

pewters tranny guy > * at least u have someone ocal to fix it if it breaks and it wont kill ur pocket