Boxersix Porsche replica build on NASIOC?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1541725

This sounds very familiar. Discuss. :open_mouth:

Looks like a similarā€¦ equally as cool build. Boxersix needs to post more pics of his!

thats badass.

Similar yes. That particular chassis was for sale on a few different sites for a couple years in itā€™s rolling state. Heā€™s going for LMP(like my DSR car), my 962 is GTP/Group C.

My car is in limbo at the moment as Iā€™m at the point where I need to pucker up and buy about $30K in components before I can proceed further. Pretty much all development is done and itā€™s time to move onto fab.

30k? Thatā€™s alotta hooch.

thats alot of weed

I know some people who know some people who killed some people who know who can find you that much weed.

ITā€™s an assload of parts. JRZ/Ohlins, Tiliton, Inconel 625, AP brakes, custom DOT windsheild, etc, etc. Shit add up so damn fast. I estimate car will cost me between 50-60K to build to my tastes. I plan productions kits to follow the 40-50K route sans drivetrain, 80-100K assembled turnkey.

The other big difference between that chassis and mineā€¦mine is a fully developed kit car for production(looking to build 50-100 units) that is street legal. His is a used race chassis that he might apply for a certificate to allow road use in the future :slight_smile:

Itā€™s only taken me what 4-5 years to get this far :cry:

There are no intermediate steps in this process.

PS: JRZs are pimpin. I just buffed mine last night like a show car homo.

Yeah I knows, I was drooling over them when at your house that day. Itā€™s actually that visit that kinda prompted me to go with them, since iā€™m using four longtube shocks vs the shorter Penske style coilovers on the inboard stuff(just like Carerra GT uses). And with Moton guts you canā€™t go wrong!

I should call them and discuss a price for four rear shocks assemblies converted to coilover use from your M3 fitment. They seem to be right in the ballpark length wise to work in this application and being long mono tube design theyā€™ll run cooler than the short fuckers uses on most LMP stuff nowā€¦alot cheaper too.

Itā€™s a twin, not mono, but yes still cooler. Youā€™re car also wont weigh anything so using a thick shock designed for a heavy street car will be peachy. The body on the rears is threaded for a coil. The perch is from JRZ, but the ends on mine look to me like anodized Ground Control, which means you can probably get them without the mounting ends, saving you some $.

y not just build a ā€œLOCOSTā€ car with old miata parts and call it a day?

I love Locosts. I would rather sack up and buy a Caterham or original 7.

If you donā€™t get it, then you never will.

LOL I do get it. ā€œlow cost.ā€ just dreaming, jeez

LOLZ Apparently, you do not.

What donā€™t I get?

Because Iā€™m developing a street legal replica of the Porsche 962 for production here, not another Caterham super 7 knock off. Itā€™s one of two kits cars that I plan to produce in limited numbers.

im planning to take a poop right now, any guesses on color, texture, odor?

Auggie the poop master, you have been summoned to the forum

Hard and crusty, probably cut your sphincter a bit on the way out.

:wink: