Boxing, anyone?

Does anyone here box? I’m interested in getting into it, but I don’t know much. School me :slight_smile:

Don’t bother with locations I could partake in this (I’m in NC), just looking for info.

I’ve been looking around the area (Buffalo) for a good gym with boxing.

I’m IN to get some info too.

if you went to UB… they have a decent program for starting out…

^ check out olympia gym on pearl street. I’m pretty sure it’s expensive, but they have really nice boxing equipment.

edit- goddamnit, willy, that was meant for brendansi.

Will do!

:tup:

yeah, a couple of my friends were really into the program back in the day. as an intern doing field work during that time, i couldn’t afford to go to work looking busted up. but now that i’ve been at my job for a year, haven’t put on a tie since february and stopped tucking my shirts in since may, whatever. dress codes are flexible down here, to say the least.

But anyways - i’d be into checking out UB’s program, but remember, I’m far away. Just looking for some info from other board members with experience :wave:

I used to do a program back in high school for it. It was at a local gym through a individual trainer. There was two different types too: one that competeted and the other that just trained. I personally did it just to train becuase I am a pussy and prolly would have gotten killed if I competed.

Its one hell of a work out too.

to the OP

start here: www.rosstraining.com or www.rossboxing.com

you should PM micah, he trains in western boxing 2x a week… i dont know of anyone else that does currently.

word i havent gone in a couple weeks i am seein a chiropractor to fix a sholder issue, but i box and do muay thai camps, its so hot for 2007

that micah… he’s so hot right now

although my rotator cuff is 100% right now unlike some other peeps we know

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i299/pinstripe77_lane/zoolander.jpg

LOL GREAT MOVIE

i did it for a year and a half when i first moved out here. The boxing part was cool, it was the endurance training that will kick your ass harder though. Expect to be puking after or during training for the 1st week until you slightly adjust to it.

yaa start jumpin rope nowwwww

lol…oh shut up ass face

:word:
and prepare to run ALOT!

if you have never done it… skipping rope is not easy lol.

to do some of the shit like floyd mayweather… :barf:

:eek:

so true, i remember starting out and i looked so foolish jumping rope like a 12 yr old, now im so used to it i jump like an inch off the ground, ballerrr jump roping

lol, what did you do to tear your rotator cup? not working out…

LOL

maybe lifting free drinks off the bar? :stuck_out_tongue:

you mean rotator cuff?

prolly too much r6, wait he doesn’t do that either.