BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP. Whos riding what this year?

plus fan cooled sleds are wayyy slower than liquid cooled ones. thats important right? lol

as already stated. but to re phrase fan cooled sleds are wayyy GAY

Little update on me. I was about to give up looking after missing out on 5 sleds this past fall. But I found a sled on last friday and ran down and got it that night. It’s an
04’ Arctic Cat ZR-900 Sno Pro EFI. Sweet sled and almost stock which is what I wanted. The guy took it to D&D last year and had new Rails put on, bogie wheels, a 10.8 Secondary Clutch and a D&D Y-pipe. It runs good, fires on the second pull (As batteryless EFI’s are supposed too) and has good power. Sled has 3000 miles on it and original track. He restudded it 500miles ago. As far as I can tell, the track is in good condition. It only has one paddle with a chunk missing and one other paddle with a slight cut in it. The suspension is already set for my weight. Seems to be pretty good from the little riding I did yesterday. Bring on the snow…

Sweet dude… was that the one for sale on 67? My brother told me about a zr900 yesterday. If thats the one, you got a hell of a deal for what he was asking!

I am still hunting down a recoil problem. Fucking skidoo changed parts around, and i ordered a new basket for the satrter and it doesnt work with the rest of the starter.

i didn’t think that you were going to go green??? wtf happened???
definitely sounds like a good buy, you will be more than happy with the EFI, i know i am.
are you going to give it any more go-go or leave it as is?

900 with that stuff is 120 sled! A studded stock zr900 hit 115 on the radar at the lake last year at Lanzies. how much more do you need!lol

What was the one on 67. I heard about that from one of my dad’s friends yesterday. He was coming over to see mine and said he saw the exact same thing over there. I’m going to be pissed if it’s nicer. haha. I can’t wait to get it on the lake., open it up and see what it can do. I have my gps so I’ll be able to see what it can do. It seems pretty nice on the little bumps in the field I rode it on. I want to see what it’s like, ditch bangin’. Another thing, is there a speed limit on the lake. I heard somebody saying there was.

Anyways, now I have to sign up for Charlton trail system and go regi it, hopefully this week. Plus, I still need to get a sled trailer. I hoping for an enclosed trailer, but I’m low on dough. haha, I’m hoping to find something decent though.

The EFI is awesome. 2 pulls to get it started from cold. Then only 1 pull once it’s been warmed up.

It is different. This guy is asking 3K for it. My brother just looked at it briefly and told me about it. I really dont know much about it.

Speed limit is, well i dont really know on the lake but i know there is one. Dont think it get enforced unless something happens, crash, hit a heave and get hurt or something like that. Because it would be REAL shitty if the squirel police site in the trees and shoot radar at sleds on the lake. Wait that sounds like something NYS would do … fuck.

Just picked up a new belt for my ZR at Troy City, damn $50 for a belt WTF??? Awaiting snow……

Theres one for sale on this site. Search the classifieds. One enclosed, one open.

what do you have for a zr??

94’ ZR580, bought off here from Ryan.

efi or carb? i have a 93’ ext 550 efi, it was in an accident, has a good motor, exhaust, all suspension, skis, etc…

Hmm, 3k isn’t bad depending on what it is and how many miles. I think it might be a Regular ZR then. I think green with a little black is a regular ZR, or black with a little green is a ZR Sno Pro.

How do you upload pics, I’ll put one up of mine.

Have you ever joined a club. I was going to sign up online to Charlton and then it sent me to New York Snowmobile Association website or something like that. I’m wondering if that is the site I need to sign up to. Or I can just mail in the form.

I just want to get out in some fresh snow and the trails/lake and open it up. I can’t wait. I have all next week off. I’d be up for some riding depending on what’s going on and whether I can find/borrow a trailer. And get it all regi’d/insured by then. Also, I didn’t get a title with it. I only have an old regi that looks like I just sign it where it says “new owner”. Then go to the DMV and pay for it. Is that true. Or did I need a Title.

Oh yeah, for got about the speed limit thing. I had heard a long time ago that there is a speed limit of 55 on all lakes in NYS. That is all year long too. Summer for boats and winter for sleds. Yet I always hear of all the people that race up there and set up drag races by the bars. So the best I can figure, there is a speed limit(55), but not enforced. Unless like you said, you wreck or crash. I just wish I could verify that. Either way, hopefully my sled will go faster than the po-po can haha.

Back when I was still in HS, they came up with this speed limit idea and started to try to enforce it. A friend of mine got tagged and a trooper on a old polaris 500 indy pulled next to him all stickered out and pointed to him to pull over. My friend on an old Vmax 1400 looked at him, at the NYS machine which is 1/3rd the CC’s as his and he flipped him off and burried him in the dust.

a few weeks later he was up there and saw trooper tundercats! lol they stepped up the game. but that was a while ago, and I realyl havnt heard of anything since then.

no title with sleds, signed reg. is all that you need

Ok, no title. That is good to hear.

So, they actually try to enforce it. Is the speed limit really only 55mph. That stinks. I’ve ridden up on the lake when ice fishing with friends and never paid attention to it. The some one mentioned the speed limit thing and I was surprised. I used to ride with out a helmet in the area we were ice fishing and all. Never even seen a DEC officer stop by. I’d like to be able to open it up a bit, not saying I’ll do it all the time. But I don’t have the money/patience to deal with tickets. Only want to rip around and have some winter time fun. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Carb, PM me what would you want for the 93?

I dont see them being able to enforce it. Or if they do it will shut down ALOT of bussiness for Lanzies. (I know the family, you might too Ron). They have alot of pull up there, and i am sure they have connections with who they need to to keep this from being an issue for them.

The law is you own property up to the high water mark on a body of water/ice. Lanzies dont “own” the ice they plow out and maintain for the drag strips in the winter, therefore you cant say it is private property and I dont have a speed limit.

If for some reason they start patrolling and being dicks about it, I am sure Mr will step in and talk to who he needs to to put a stop to that.

Not to mention, there are sleds that clock 130+ on that strip. which would be more than 2x the “posted” speed limit! that is jail time! lol I dont see that happening.