BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP. Whos riding what this year?

but his doesnt have the stickers on it stating whether its the 600 or the 800:retardclap

the lack of stickers is for a reason!!! hahahah ?00!!!

hahaa you should put that on the sled
Skidoo ?00 H.O. :lol

good idea!

WTF! Wheres the snow?

Anyone know of any where in the area that still has snow to ride in?

here, until you get to the trails that all the asshole destroyed because the had to pound them every day

VA got over a foot!

Dosen’t look like were suppose to get much of anything soon here. Still haven’t reg my sleds yet, so I don’t want to ride state trails.

i didnt see anything on the forecast last i checked either!

im not a huge fan of articjacks

but nice sled

last i checked, tug hill should still have some.

Next year I’m definitely getting myself a dirtbike and a sled, so I’ll see ya guys around.

Would be looking for something cheap to start on for both dirt and sled for ~1000$.

Any recommendations or what to avoid?

2 or 4 stroke?

any sled that is going for 1k is probably going to be a 95 or older or something that has been beat to shit. 1500 os a more realistic figure that you will definitely be able to find a decent 500 or 600 liquid cooled sled by what ever make you want. im not going to be too biased, but definitely stay away from yamaha sleds.

most likely you would want a 2stroke bike, when your just trying to find a affordable bike to get into the sport, 4stroke will usually be out of the picture. unless you plan on getting something like a honda 230, the 4srokes have a limited life on the engine, especially the valves. you will still have to rebuild a 2stroke every now and again, but a piston and rings are alot chaper then sending your head out to have guides, valves, etc. done. most of the time that will run you about 500 spot, if the head is within spec.

Thank you.

I’m generally not a fan of Yamaha products coming from the bike world, so I could see the connection to the sled world from there as well.

So liquid cooled 500+ would the the priorities?

Two stroke for bike it is. More bang per buck size wise FTW. Not like I’m planning on making an on/off anytime soon, which however would be quite fun.

fan cooled just sucks and you have to get a 500+ to get liquid. 500’s or 600’s are your best bet. 700’s are not much greater than a 600, they are heavier and will cost you more for insurance.

Fan cooled tend to overheat I presume or just PITA with belt issues?

not even so much as an overheating issue, but a 500f/c is so under powered compared to a 500l/c. they just dont put much design, tuning effort into the f/c’s

Fair enough.

Any recommendations on brands/models within the price range?

I believe Lake Desolation has enough to ride on. I know they got 4-5" of snow last weekend when my brother was up there hunting. He said the lake has been frozen for a while too.

you will probably be looking at late 90’s or 200o’s for around $1500
i myself an against polaris, at least for the sleds i have dealt with, which is mostly like 2005 and older.
i dont have any big problems with the ski-doo mxz chassis most people who have them like then, and i have put a good amount of miles on one myself

and i have definetly been happy with my arcticcat, it is a 1998 zr600. it is liquid cooled and fuel injected.(pic of it in this thread) i got it beginning of the season last year with 2200 miles for $1800 and i knew the previous owner.(the white hood was a limited production, most are green)
a cat zr and a zl are pretty much the same sled, the only difference is suspension. the zl was designed to be a trail sled, and the zr was designed to be a ‘race’ sled. both are great trail sleds.

and if you see an arctic cat that is a z, that is a fan cooled sled