BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP. Whos riding what this year?

I think I’m going riding on the Mohawk River today for a bit, then tomorrow we’re heading up to the sled drags at Littles Lake to run the drag sled.

Went out Sat afternoon. Left from my house and went all the way up to the Sacandoga Lake. The trails are acutally not bad. Only a few rocks or roots here and ther to watchout for. No snert (snow and dirt) in the trails, no whoops (not enough snow!) and the fields were great. The lake is bare ice so I dint even go out on it. but there were some people out flying around burning off their sliders.

I ran into a few other people out and found out how much it sucks to have a clutch that kicks in at 4800 rpm while you follow people who are slower than you are. lol

other than that it was fun and I am waiting for the big dump so I can hit the lake up and get some more trails open.

Oh man. I had all last week off and we had no snow. I put a total of 15 miles on it doing circles in the field up the road from me. I was hoping to get some good riding in. Then my truck was down for half the week. If all goes well. I’m hoping I don’t have to spend anymore money on the old Tahoe. I should have a snowmobile trailer I can borrow by this weekend, hopfully. Krazy, if you say the trails are good from your house. Is it cool if I roll with you. All of the Charlton Trails are still closed. Does anyone know if there is any snow on the lake after lastnight. We only got 1-2" at my house.

Yeah buddy your welcome to drop off at my house and go for a ride. I have a trailer if you want to use it. As for the lake it was 90% bare ice, so we really need a big dump to cover it and make it stick, cause the wind just blows a few inches off in no time. Charlton trails wont open until they have a ski mountain like base! lol they are picky.

what lake? sacandaga? where do go on at?

The trail across from Mary Anns on Rt29 dumps out across from Mc Murrys camp gorunds there.

lol thats my last name… was j/w cuz my girls dad lives right on the lake by the old dominicks sand bar

Do you know Heather, Bri, her father Lauren Mc Murray and their fam?? I grew up nextdoor to them.

nope lol all my family is from down south,german town area

gotcha. Well cross your fingers for more snow, ill be out there this weekend riding i hope… ill PM you and we can meet up and ride.

im goin to boston for the weekend for the rangers game… but if it snows ill try and steal the sled and come out next weekend

Ok, I think there is talk of ice fishing up on the lake on saturday. I know it’s going to be cold. But I’ll have the sled up there if all goes well. We usually fish the bay by Mayfield. I’ll def be ripping around the shoreline looking for jumps. Haha.

That sucks about the Charlton Trails. But I get it. The trails are all through private property so the owners don’t want their lawns all torn up.

How do you go up from your house. All I know is there is a trail crossing Rt30 where the Agway is, I think. Are they good enough trails that I won’t get shot at because I’m not a “local” guy from tribes hill or something like that. Haha.

I dont even have to go that way. If you leave my house, I cross and get over to the fields behind McKay rd, the ones that are go along Log City Rd. then take the left at the second field and head towards Log City Rd, cross the road and follow those field back and to the right and your see a trail that goes on and crosses Mc Queen and then crosses Rt 107. from there there are signs that say Perthshire… those are folton Co sled trails. From there you just follow them up to Rt 29 and go past the schoold on 29. then you pick up the trails at Mary Anns on rt 29, take a left to go to the lake or a right and follow them back towards Rt 67, and pick up the charlton trails and what not to head back towards hegaman or where ever.

It is alot easier to ride them than to tell you! lol I will meet up with ya this weekend somehow.

fulton ny has got 55" of snow in the last 9 days… we still dont have squat!

Everything seems to just do circles around this area. THIS IS BULL SHIT!!!

Krazy, I sent you a PM. I’ll definitely be up on the lake tomorrow with the sled.

Sat went out and rode from my house to the lake and met up with Gixxeron1 at the Great Sacandoga. Trails were decent, still good coverage. The lake was great. Covered in snow and was FAST. On the back side of some big islands there was a little deeper snow and some nice little heaves to jump. We found one nice jump and basicly messed around here and there. My track isnt studded, so it sucks to get going but once you get moving it is so fun to drift around! I was pitching it sideways holding a drift at 70 on the ice, fun as hell.

Wasnt without incident, as the case goes with anything I throw a leg over. lol right at the end of the ride headed back to the ice fishing spot, I threw it sideways in the snow/ice and it looped out, was only going about 20mph or so… it wouldnt have been an issue but I was headed right for a little 3" heave thing… prolly a little rock poking out of the ice and gathered snow on it… i saw it coming and knew i was going over. high sided me and i flew off and it just flopped on the side. no big deal it was prolly funny to from his point of view right behind me.

good time.

sounds like a blast just makes me want frank’s even more

Agreed and agreed…if i get one im either gonna get an 06-07 Mach Z 1000 or an 08’ XP 800R.

Ski-Doo FTW!

Yeah I want to be able to launch the shit outa the machine and not take the handle bars to my face! My lil ZX chassis aith all of 10 inches of travel just cant take it.

If I cant sell it to move up to a different machine, i might fab up some tunnel mounts and throw the SC3 skid under it, they can be found for $150-$200 with shocks, then fab up some upper mounts for some 17" clicker shocks and sway bar links for the front and get some more travel out of the machine that way.

The motor is PLENTY fast in my old machine, and I can pound through trails faster than some guys on much better machines, so maybe I shouldnt complain too much! lol