Brake Calipers/Conversion

Hey Guys

I got a question for everyone here on SON…To begin I finaly got my new rims for my 91 240 and the car is starting look a little nice but still needs some work. Any way back to the topic, I want to get new and well better calipers that will work with drilled/slotted rotors.

My friend told that I could do a 350z or 300z i dont remember…brake conversion. Is there a cheaper way that I can get a racing brake caliper that is hopefully powder coated. Like I dont really mean cheap, I’m actually planning to go Brembo or something at that area. I am not cheapening out my car.

I love my 240 and every penny counts. So could you guys help me out on what would be your recommendation towards my brake system situation

Paolo

Cheap and effective, 180sx brakes.

There is a set for sale by a member that goes by AnDrEw on here selling them for $400 for the front setup with i believe slotted rotors or something and Hawk HP+ pads on the front. This is the front setup only, but he has the rear for $150 aswell.

These brakes are the same as the altima, can’t remember which gen, early 90’s altima iirc.

look up these brake upgrades…in order of cheapness…stock of course (new pads, lines. fluid, etc), 180sx, q45, 300zx. You can also always just get the calipers powder coated too.

http://www.jgycustoms.com/240sx/brakes.htm

get the 11inch 4 piston fast brake kit…those are pretty neat. many options

It seems like he wants big brakes for the looks. If so, get the Grand Turismo Brembo Kit.

Not for looks fellas, I need brakes with stoping power…Something that will give me full response when I tap my brake pedal. Big looks good but if doesn’t deliver that braking power I need, well…

how is that brake kit working out for u mark? it looks nice but does it perform on marks track days?