brake help

ok im going to attempt a brake change myself tormmowo ive done it before but with supervision , i cant remember are there any special tools i need to do the change?

Front or Rear?

You will need a pair of large vise-grips to compress the caliper
pistons in the front and to spin the caliper piston out back. Other
than a good can of penetrating lube and a socket set you should
be fine. Just make sure to TQ. all the bolts to spec if you don’t
have a TQ. Wrench Just Reef the Bajebious out of the Bolts.

lol thanks Adam but i remeber using a pry bar instead of visegrips though but it was on some oldsmobile :lol:

im going to attempt both front and back :smiley:

Front Pry Bar will do, so will a 2x4 but for the rear you need visegrips or a Caliper Tool.

ive never done the rears before i know for the front all you have to do is move the caliper pistons in but what do you mean by spin the rears?

You don’t have to spin them, just use the vise.
Apparently if you spin them they screw in … but I had real trouble getting that to work. Pressing worked better for me.

i couldnt get them to press in so i spun them. i just put a flathead in the slot for the pad and turned.

For the rear use needle nose pliers and spin the pistons back in. For the front I always found it easy to use a big C-clamp to push the pistons back in.

hey guys, tried changing out the rotors and pads tonight…freak’n front rotors were rusted solid!!! help! how do i get it off??? does it just come off or screwed off??
should i use a torch on it and heat it up?

If you have a torch yeah that helps alot, it not use alot of pen lube and rock the rench back and forth to brake the rust.

is there a screw that holds the rotors in place? someone told me about a screw in the middle? true or not? there’s a cover in the middle and i can’t seem to get it to budge. :?:

The cover is a dust cover for the bearing and does not need to come off.

As for the stud that holds the rotor to the hub I don’t think Nissan ever used those though I could be wrong.