help with front brakes on a honda

im looking to do my brakes, so anyone whom would be willing to help with me with em let me know, i dunno how to do honda brakes…
prolly do em next fri…

kevin

same way as any other disc brakes

jack up car

take off wheel

use screw driver to expand the caliper for ease when replacing

take bolts out of caliper

pull off caliper(should be nice and loose from expanding with screwdriver)

replace old pads

slide caliper on

replace bolts

bleed if neccessary

replace wheel

put car down

test drive

yep.
its not hard at all. I can give you a hand if you want. It’ll only take a few minutes.

good luck!

Learned something new. I never once thought of prying the caliper back while the caliper was still bolted. I always just use a big C-clamp I keep in my garage and push the piston back after removing the pads.

yep, usually just get a screwdriver right between the rotor and the pad on the outside.

if ur gonna cut the rotors then u dont have to worry about being gentle, if ur planning on using em without cutting them, then try not to dig any gouges into it

iam free if u need a hand

well i am going to replace my front rotors as well, and i have no idea how to get them off, either just use a rubber mallet or what???

Me too, never thought of that. Sweet.

Rubber mallet? You are just going to end up hitting yourself on the rebound. A nice 2lb hammer/mini sledge would do the trick. And you’ll probably have to drill out the screws that hold the rotor on - don’t worry, you don’t need them anyway.

A little advice- if the bleeder will open clamp the hose lightly and open the bleeder before pushing the piston in. once the piston is in unclamp the hose and let it gravity bleed till the bubbles come out. If you stuff the piston in without opening the bleeder you can force all the crap/rust etc… thats in the back of the caliper into the abs unit/prop valve/master and can cause problems. I’m not saying it will cause probs i’ve done it multiple times without opening the bleeder but the caliper bore is the last thing in the hydrolic line so all the crap ends up there.

Moved. Keep help threads in the “Oh crap I need help” section please. Thanks. :tup:

i use a C clamp to compact the piston in the caliper before i take anything off, i put the one side on the back of the caliper and the other on the pad on the front side, calpiper just falls off

also when doing the brakes, dont forget to grease your sliders with some caliper slider grease, these are in your caliper mounts.

also , grinding the rust out of the caliper mounts where the pads mount, will also allow the pads to move easier.