Brake issue

I’ve been working on the brakes for a while and still no braking power.

Today I replaced the front calipers to s14 ones because my old bleeder screws were mangled. Bled all the lines with the help of another SON member and still ZERO braking power. I’m at my witts end.

I replaced the line running across the pass side fender about a week ago, no leaks that we can find…

The lines are all completely bled, we have triple checked this and ruled it out as a possibility. We are also no longer losing any fluid in the master/anywhere.

Please help RIGHT NOW.

Thanks,
Dan

BENCH BLEED THE MASTER

how many times have i told you this

Anyone… anyone at all?

is the pedal just mushy even after you finish beeding?

If so your Mc probably has a leak.

Pedal is mushy as hell after bleeding, it’ll stiffen up while bleeding/pumping when the car is off. If you stop pumping, and press it again, it goes to the floor.

Zero brakes while the car is on/driving.

I think we’re gonna try bench bleeding the MC, and see if that does anything, but with the amount of fluid we put through it bleeding it, I can’t see how there is possibly air in there still…

Its the Master cylinder, Exact thing was happening when I was helping kelvin do his brakes.

Did you guys need a new MC?
Or just to rid the old one of the air inside of it?

We got a new one, but then again we didnt try bench bleeding it, so you never know.

As a sidenote, does anyone know if there is a way to check the rear seals on a BMC to see if they’ve broke or not?

rear as in the seal between it and the booster or as in the internal seal for the rear brakes?

The seal between it and the booster.

when u bleed the brakes are you starting the furthest away from the master and also are you pumping them up opening the bleeder then closing the bleeder? then pumping again? so your not sucking in air?

I do believe so, and we have gone from the farthest to the clost to the cylinder…

Does the peddle go to the floor? what do you mean no braking power. If it feels like they aren’t bled, check to make sure you don’t have calipers on the wrong side. Bleeder on the top not the bottom.

Andrew.

Ya calipers are on right. Pedal feel is decent at best when the car is off after pumping a few times, but when turned on… nothing. No braking power as in, the calipers are not closing…

your master cyl could very well be toast

Ya the pedal goes to the floor when the car is turned on. When off anf given a few good pumps it stiffens up a bit at best. The calipers are on the right side and are on correctly.

The master BC was working very well before I changed the brake line… But I have another one sitting in my garage that I will replace later on today.

Thanks for all your help with the caliper Mike, turns out one of th clips on the pad was bent up, so it wouldn’t go in there.

is it a s13
i had this porblem with my s13 i remember, every time i bled it like 10 times kept trying different things, then went on the computer and found out there is a sequence u have to bleed in, when i followed that sequence it worked. so yea find a fsm or something and find out the bleeding sequence. myns had abs didnt work with the sr thought but yea try findint the bleeding sequence. i think it is something like this not sure thought . rear drivers side, then rear pass side, then front pass, then front drivers.

what i said