Break Problems, Suggestions needed

alright so when I apply pressure on my breaks everything seems fine, but when I continue to hold it it will slowly start to fall towards the floor, if I pump it this happned faster. So basically it is loosing pressure.

I did put new calipers on the front over the winter and blead them so I am really not to sure why this is taking place.

any suggestions as to what it could be?

Did you bleed EVERYTHING or just the fronts?
It doesn’t matter where air is, if it’s in the system it will cause issues.

Also have you tried pumping up the brakes while the car is parked and look for pools of fluid?

brake

Sounds like a leak or air in the system. When you bleed the brakes start with the longest brake line (Rear driver side I think) then move your way upo to the shortest line (Front Driver Side)

haha sorry Brake :slight_smile:

na I just Bled the fronts becasue there were the only ones that I changed, well looks like I am going to do that hole sucker tonight.
anyone around to help. it is a bitch to do by your self.

I think the Air system is alright but I am going to doubble check it tonight

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Are you noticing your brake fluid level in the MC dropping? When driving do the brakes pulsate or just seem slushy? If you’re loosing fluid from the MC and the brakes feel weak (but not jerky) you have a leak. So start checking all the conections, lines, MC, calipers.

You have a Z32 conversion right? A lot of guys have small leaks when using PDM lines up front.

If not, it might be air in the system but from what you’re describing it sounds more like a leak.

Not quite, S13’s bleed in this order.

Left Rear , Right Rear, Left Front, Right Front …then Front ABS, then Rear ABS if you have it.

I have 180Sx Brakes.

na no leaking, the breaks feel totally fine and awsome when I first step on the Pedel. it is just with constant pressure that it totally starts to fade away. then I let it go and then come right back to normal. and I have also not notices any fluid drop. I have reaplaced the calipars before and never had this problem.

Boo

Well if you are certain that there’s no leaks then I’d say your MC might be dying and you have fluid pressure leaking past the piston seals.

It doesn’t sound like air in the system but bleed the whole damn thing just to be safe and see what happens.

ya I will, I do not know why it would be gone all of a sudden, it was totaly fine when I drove it last.

I think ill also drain the intire system and go from scratch,.

if that does not work what does a Master Cost and how hard is it to reaplace?

40-50 bucks new…but I’m sure someone here must have one to sell. If you grab a complete used one you won’t even have to swap out the reservoir.

It’s pretty easy, just remember to bench bleed it first and it’s basically plug and play after that. Follow that with a full system bleed.

What?

I have yet to get them installed, but, I got their ss lines front and rear for the 300zx conversion… LEAK?! WTF?! They cost quite a bit and so what are saying?

the fluid might be in the booster, when the m/c seals fail they often dump into the booster, but it’s possible that air is also getting back into the system the same way