brake pads help

i bought the hawk pads and they suck, they are so noisy when braking cannot stand them. they are always squeling

what would you guys recommend. factory rotors.

Maybe look at some better rotors. Send Me a PM and I can price some out for you today

Performance pads are usually make more noise than regular pads…Got to take the good with the bad i guess.

I understand the noise but it sounds as they are really bad… Did you install them yourself?

Did you break them in? You are supposed to break in performance pads.
Road&Track recomends braking hard from 100km/h down to 20km’s and then quickly accelerating again and braking again and do it like 6 times in a row so the pads get really hot. That’s supposed to help the noise and also improve their bite. If you don’t drive it hard, somtimes a layer of dust and stuff builds up between the pad and rotor so it is recomended to do this every once and a while if the brakes are getting loud again in the future. If that doesn’t help and they are REALLY loud, then maybe something is wrong??

When I installed my Hawk HPS pads they sounded like a Supercharger everytime I hit the brakes for the first two weeks, on the side of the Hawk Brake Pad box it tells you how to break them in right off the bat, I can’t remember exactly but it was something like "Get up to 60km/h and apply medium brake pressure and stop repeat 3or4 times, then go up to 60 or 70km/h and apply hard break pressure repeat 3or4 times after I did that they still sounded like a supercharger for like a week and a half then it pretty much went away. Did you get your rotors re-surfaced or get new rotors? if not you should get either one of those done if you have enough surface left and your rotors aren’t warped get them re-surfaced which= :E

Altima (our generation at least) always seems to squeal, try upgrading rotors before your nice pads get some very ugly faces…

my pads used to always makes tons of noise. every now and then they will make some noise now but in general just driving normal keeps them quite.

You’ve just heard the sounds of metallic or semi metallic brake pads. They have metal in them so they’re louder then normal.

I had a set of Hawk HP+ in my Spec for a week. That was all I could take. I followed the directions and installed them with resurfaced rotors. WAY more noisy that what I find acceptable for a daliy driver. I was embarassed to hit the brakes it was so bad.

I though about the HPS but didn’t want to waste more money. Although the HP+ had AMAZING bite. I still have them if someone wants to try them out. I’d let em go for real cheap. Fits all non-Brembo Spec V’s.

How much?

That’s what they say, not very street civil but amazing for the track, Ryan the only way 2003spec is letting you buy those is if you actually do some events with that car this summer :finga:. The HPS ones are so nice… amazing bite, and very quiet.

yay they are always making noise, they last for about 5mins, then all hell brakes loose, i did em my self, followed every instruction, they are quiet when i am slamming on them, but normal driving is when they are noisy,

Did apply any anti brake squeal (spray on the pads) and anti-squeal/rattle thick lub on the backing plates, it helps… well sometimes

not yet, but i use brake cleaner like it is going out of style

Brake cleaner never goes out of style…