Brake problems

Ok so last year when it was hot out my brakes would lock up on me. It would happen after a while of driving and the more i drove the harder the pedal was and the more my brakes where on. So this winter i replaced all the rotors the brake pads and the calipers off of a 240sx. Now the outher day (monday) when it started to warm up i could feel it doing the same thing. Brake getting stiff and the brakes locking up. What do you think this could be? Im thinking it might be the master cylinder. But i have no idea. Anything could help. Buy the way i own a 89 180. Thanks .

Is this when you just slam on the brakes or when it gets warm out, any type of depression will cause this lock up?

No not just when i slam on the brakes. It happens when it warms up. Seems like its getting worse. It would only happen when it was 20-25 out but now its starting at 5.

When you replaced your calipers did you just bleed the brakes or did you flush them??
They might have some air or water in them bunging up the system? Just an idea…might be worth looking into.

How exactly do you flush the system… When i bleed the brake lines im sure all the old fluid came out… Is there anouther way to get it all out and start fresh?

Did you switch from a dot3/4 to a dot5 or anything like that?
I would say flushing means getting all the old fluid out of the whole system, and ALL new fluid throughout the entire system. Is that what you did?

No i did not switch from a dot 3/4 to a 5.I used a dot 3 brake fluid. And yes i drained all the old fluid out and the new was in.

I would go talk to a profesional about this before you continue, and before these brake problems get you into an accident. Sure…right now they lock up, what happens if next time you hit the pedal nothing happens!!?

Maybe brake booster, check the hose that runs from the intake to the brake booster for cracks.

Do you know if the 240sx brake booster’s will work on a 180sx?

Should work you may just have to extend the Vaccum hose to the other side of the booster.

So i replaced my master and seems all is good for now. Thanks for the help nis240.

Yeah now get to fixin the exhaust! lol :finga: