Brake Rotors

Some idiot using an impact wrench on your car and incorrectly torque’ing the shit out of your rims and incorrect order can also lead to this.

Not sure if this is the problem, but worth thinking about.

Originally posted by BlackZ28
yeah, but i’m not that hard on my brakes, actually i don’t think i’ve ever stomped on them all the way.

Originally posted by silvrhand
Some idiot using an impact wrench on your car and incorrectly torque’ing the shit out of your rims and incorrect order can also lead to this.

Not sure if this is the problem, but worth thinking about.
thats true to!!but the rotors on GM’s suck yes i said that:)

Originally posted by Pewterss
thats true to!!but the rotors on GM’s suck yes i said that:)

yes GM’s suck

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
yes GM’s suck
up little AZN’s:p

Okay, so I was too lazy to read this whole thread… so please forgive me for repeating what others might have said.

The '98+ Fbody brakes (V6s got the 4 wheels discs too) are known to warp early. Do not buy GM rotors, they’ll all do it. Do not have your rotors turned; they’ll just warp again but sooner.

I have KVR, X-drilled and CAD plated. I have over half dozen AutoX events and about 15k miles on them. They have not been road raced on though (road racing will do in any stock sized Fbody brakes… even the Eradispeed rotors won’t hold up for long). They have NO cracks and still look and stop awesome. I’ve very happy with them, and most off all they have NO warpage. The slotted versions are just as nice, but are a little harsher on the pads (more dust and less life).

If you’re on a bit tighter budget I (oddly enough) hear really really good things about the cheap-o AutoZone rotors. They might not have the cool looks, and maybe slightly less performance, but they’re dirt cheap and don’t warp.

I’ve heard the power slots for our cars warp because they’re either made from GM blanks or made in the same exact manner (I don’t know which).

So basically it depends on your budget. Bigger bucks: the Eradispeed rotors are sick, KVR is much less and still nice, but if you’re hard up get the AutoZone cheapies!

-TJ

My brakes (behind my old wheels)–>

ok TJ i like those and i trust your opinion. now where can i purchase them? i’ve been looking with no luck.

also, i read on i believe www.thunderracing.com that the power slot rotors are made from Brembo OEM spec blanks, not GM blanks

$50 Front pad and Shoes

Advanced Brakes:bowdown:

Oh wait Im cheap