Brake Rotors

anybody know where i can get a good set of slotted and cross drilled rotors that are zinc washed, and don’t cost too much? also, i’m thinking hawk pads, but what does everyone think?

ever check e-bay

hawk pads are good… don’t know about discs… mintex pads are good too.

I went with slotted cause I really didn’t want to deal with cross drilled cracking.

I’m happy with the, notice less brake fade and a bit better bite at high speeds, you can hear em whirr a little bit if you get on em hard…

Originally posted by BlackZ28
anybody know where i can get a good set of slotted and cross drilled rotors that are zinc washed, and don’t cost too much? also, i’m thinking hawk pads, but what does everyone think?

yea i dunno about cross drilled rotors,i mean they look cool and all but that is about it,they have a tendency to crack.i run power slots on my car on all 4 corners and it brakes pretty good.i recommend them

yeah, i don’t like ebay for a couple reasons… 1 - you don’t always know who you’re dealing with…2 - they rarely have brand names and i won’t trust a non-brand name.

i heard that powerslots will eventually warp, which is what i’m trying to stay away from because my stock rotors were warped to shit after 5k miles on the car.

Ouch,

Warped after 5k, could it be something besides the rotors or is this a known issue?

I’d check something else before dropping $400 on new rotors only to have them go after 5k.

My powerslots have yet to warp and still feel strong after 2 years and 12k miles.

yeah, i don’t like ebay for a couple reasons… 1 - you don’t always know who you’re dealing with…2 - they rarely have brand names and i won’t trust a non-brand name.

i heard that powerslots will eventually warp, which is what i’m trying to stay away from because my stock rotors were warped to shit after 5k miles on the car.

powerslots are loud as hell

im runnin brembos now, slotted with ebc green stuff pads

there nice, i got mine from the tirerack for a pretty good price

ebc green stuff is ok, they dont leave that much dust on your wheels, dont fade, but sometimes squeek a little

but i keep hearing good stuff about hawk pads, so i think thats where im headin twards next time i need brakes

i have about 16k on my front power slots and about 1600 on the backs…still stop smoothly with no signs of warping and hardly an fade.

Exactly - i had a problem with my sho going through rotors every year and all I needed was a different temp brake pad. The bendix brakes from autozone would heat up too much and warp the rotor. I ordered a set of pads from some sho site(I forget what they were) and the braking completely changed. You may not need to drop $$$ for rotors, just try a different pad first.

Originally posted by silvrhand
Ouch,

Warped after 5k, could it be something besides the rotors or is this a known issue?

I’d check something else before dropping $400 on new rotors only to have them go after 5k.

My powerslots have yet to warp and still feel strong after 2 years and 12k miles.

Originally posted by 2kaltima
Exactly - i had a problem with my sho going through rotors every year and all I needed was a different temp brake pad. The bendix brakes from autozone would heat up too much and warp the rotor. I ordered a set of pads from some sho site(I forget what they were) and the braking completely changed. You may not need to drop $$$ for rotors, just try a different pad first.

yea i actually did some “research” b4 i bought my brakes for my eclipse and found out that all the hardcore road racers that drive dsm’s run power slot rotors and axxis metal master brake pads for the street,then swap out the pads for another set or race pads that go thru rotors pretty f’in fast,i think the pads will go thru 2-3 sets of rotors b4 the pads go,but u stop like a champ

remember, i bought my car new. i don’t think GM would put a pad thats gets too hot for their rotors. i’m going to call www.irotors.com and see if i can get a picture or two from them.

remember, i bought my car new. i don’t think GM would put a pad thats gets too hot for their rotors. i’m going to call www.irotors.com and see if i can get a picture or two from them.

well actually factory brakes pretty much suck on any car minus a few that have nice brembos or something of that sort from the factory.the stock brakes werent designed to stop u from 120mph in 100ft u know what i mean?

what about on the Z06s what do they run?
if possible use theirs

hold i know the guy that qwns red devil brakes he’s making the brakes for 04 up zo6’s …i’ll get him to make them 4 f-body’s:D

First - it’s a gm so they do all kind of stupid shit from the factory :smiley:
Second - like brokeass said, they design their cars for the normal person, not the enthuiasist(sp?)

Originally posted by 2kaltima
First - it’s a gm so they do all kind of stupid shit from the factory :smiley:
Second - like brokeass said, they design their cars for the normal person, not the enthuiasist(sp?)

Z06 was set up for some serious shit

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
well actually factory brakes pretty much suck on any car minus a few that have nice brembos or something of that sort from the factory.the stock brakes werent designed to stop u from 120mph in 100ft u know what i mean?

yeah, but i’m not that hard on my brakes, actually i don’t think i’ve ever stomped on them all the way.

I am running Green Stuffs right now, not the biggest fan of them. Check at autozone and see if they make performance frictions for your car. Awesome brake pads and they have unlimited warranty so you spend 50 bucks and have pads for life.

slotted rotors are the best for your application it seems, see about getting them kryoed if you really want strength and stopping ability.

Just depends on the driving you are doing.

If you are really hard on the brakes you could be overheating them and not letting them cool properly, which would be an extreme.

I went with the setup that brokeass mentioned, the powerslot slotted rotors with metal matrix pads, they suck right at first in the morning but once warmed up they’ll lock up the seat belt on you hard.