Break Up Facebook / Amazon / Google?

3 billion in incentives for the worlds most valuable public company to build an HQ2 here never sat well with me either, and I’m pretty far from the progressive end of the spectrum.

they should put a major hub in TX or St. Louis over NYC.

I never really cared about this because there has to be some incentive for Amazon to go NY over TN or TX.

There is still so much upside to Amazon. Some of which we haven’t even realized yet.

NY is really going to miss out on that asteroid mining money :face_with_monocle:

So De Blasio is shitting on AOC over this…

“[The state] would have effectively been paying out $3 billion in incentives [over 10 years] for what would have likely been the equivalent of $27 billion over 25 years. You can play with the math, and you can tell me that there were going to be additional costs, and there likely would have been, but if I handed you $3 billion and you gave me $25 billion back, or you gave me $15 billion back, or $10 billion back, that could have been used for roads, schools, police, and subways, I think that’s a good deal.” - De Blasio

vs.

“We were subsidizing those jobs so for… the city was paying for those jobs. So frankly, if we were willing to give Amazon three…if we were willing to give away $3 billion for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district ourselves if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers, we could fix our subway…” - AOC

So she actually thought the state had $3B cash on hand to give to Amazon. And now that Amazon is gone the state can spend that money elsewhere… except the $3B doesn’t exist.

When De Blasio is the voice of reason AGAINST a progressive I know the end of times is near.

AOC is dangerous.

Cuomo too:

“A small group of politicians put their own narrow political interests above their community … the state’s economic future and the best interests of the people of this state,” Cuomo said in a statement… adding that those who opposed the plan should be “held accountable for the lost economic opportunity.”