Bringing the Camaro back to life...

trav , ya got this man , im gonna open the slot in front of me on the time list . u got me kid .

lol, don’t do that too fast.

If/when it runs a 10 on Saturday, I’m packing it up and going home. I’m leaving the option open of going faster when my dad can attend.

ok lol ,

best of luck Trav, I would be going without if I wasn’t going to MA to visit family.

Reposting this from last year…

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyGtqmNjxx8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Man, it really seems like the back of the car is too soft…?

ya want it to squt homey . thats what plants the tires and firmer and its not gonna lift front up and load more into the rear . looks propper to me

Just seems ‘bouncy’ to me. idk. I emailed the video to Caltracks, see what they say

Looks almost too firm to me… you got this man… go git sum

I hate to give you conflicting suggestions on here Travis, but you do NOT want the car to sag in the rear on a high horsepower car. The car should either LIFT in the rear or stay as firm as possible, that is what pushes the tires into the pavement. You do want the front to rise and the rear will seem to squat a little because of the slicks wrinkling, but the actual suspension should not. There is also a fine line between too much air pressure and too little. On a small tire car it is not as critical or noticable, but if the air pressure is too low the tires will “cup” which gives you a smaller footprint and can also cause bouncing in the rear which in like a wave effect from the tires wrinkling and un-wrinkling.

Well, I’ve spend the majority of the day prepping the car, as it was untouched since we took it to the track a few weeks ago.

-Installed NX bottle heater
-Installed/adjusted electric fan controller
-Changed oil and filter
-Altered water catch can
-Loaded car/tools

Played around with the NX heater. I was able to get the bottle up to the right pressure, but it took awhile. To speed the process, I’m going to bring a heat gun and inverter tomorrow to aid in warming the bottle.

It’s been a rough day. This is the first time that I’ve ever prepped for any kind of racing that my Dad and I typically do together, without him around, or at least knowing that he will be also going. I really don’t want to do this, but it’s what he wants, so it’s going to happen.

Oh yeah, forgot the most important thing I “installed” today…

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yuhmb4.jpg

By far the best mod done man

Just went out to our garage and sat there for about an hour, silent.

Stop. Seriously gonna fucking cry here.

Good luck tomorrow dude. You got this!!

:(:(:frowning:

best of luck tomorrow my friend. we’re rootin for ya!!!

Thanks everyone.

Got about an hour of sleep, been up since 345. JDaniels is still passed out on the couch, lol.

Since the NOS bottle heater is actually a good element, I’m going install that on the bottle this AM with a toggle switch right to the battery, and obviously keep an eye on the pressures. The NX heating system got it up to temp yesterday, but it did take about 20 minutes. This should cut that in half. Worst case, also bringing the heat gun AND propane torch, lol.

Forgot to share this last week. In honor of my dad’s simple tattoo on his left arm, I also got a simple one on my left arm-

http://i45.tinypic.com/2djz9fc.jpg

Travis, Best of luck today!

Love the red solo cups on the furnace. I’m guessing they were yours and not his. Stop getting sloshed in dads workshop! I hope dad recovers and make many more track outings with you and the car.

Someone finally figured out what this should be ALL about!
Thank You Travis
From an Old Man

What an emotional day.

JD, Larry and myself were on the road by about 630. Stopped over at a friends house near Platts to show him the car, and then stopped at the hospital to see my dad.

He was not doing well at all:’(. He’s got a mild case of pneumonia/fever, and to make matters worse, some random doc gave him a med last night that he should NOT of had, and he was suffering from it still when we were there. More on that later…but left the hospital not in the best of spirits.

Got to the track, and as usual, we were first at the gate, but a bunch soon followed. Got the car unloaded, warmed up, and the nitrous up to full pressure. Man, it takes about 1/2 hour to get a bottle from 700 to 950!

Shortly after, it was time to make my first all motor pass. Ran like a high 11 at 113, very typical for the car. It was hard to find consistency the next several passes. Played with tire pressure and what not, nothing got the car off the line decent. Larry eventually suggested a bigger burnout, and that did the trick! It was time to try the nitrous…

First nitrous pass was like a 11.40@119, bad launch. 150 shot. Put in the 200’s…next pass was about the same, 119. I saw this before…the car is not picking up ANY speed with a bigger shot. Something with the converter I guess.

Car blew the tires off pretty bad the next couple tries. Next change was to ‘roll’ into the gas, rather than slam it-it worked! Car went 11.05 at 119. Good pass, but didn’t meet the goal. Time was running out and was getting desperate.

I said fuck it, and we all went to work on removing the pass seat and rear seats (dad’s pic was relocated to the dash). Larry and JD went to eat, so I sat there thinking what else to do. Looked under the hood, and removed the power steering belt.

So I felt like the next pass was going to be the last for the day. It was getting late, and the car was getting low on fuel (note to self, add more next time, lol). I put together everything I learned from earlier, plus the removed parts, and cut the best 60 foot the car has ever ran BY FAR! 1.51!

As soon as I saw that on the tower, I firmly planted my foot and held on. Got on the return road, and figured that HAD to be it.

It was. 10.91@119. Let’s just say the next few moments were emotional. As stated earlier, drove the car directly to the trailer, loaded up, saw dad again, talked to his docs and figured a bunch of shit out, and headed home.

This is not the end, but I don’t see myself racing it again anytime soon. It was very hard to prep the car yesterday without him. I’m just glad it finally ran the number.

Thanks for reading everyone, and thanks for all of the positive thoughts and messages. And, HUGE thanks to Larry and JD.

Vid of the 10.91 pass-(won’t embed for some reason)

http://youtu.be/wrA8xu4EeAw

awesome!!! so happy for ya. hope pops gets well soon.