Bringing the Camaro back to life...

ahhhh ya know my bitch trav to ? its john wit the center section ya need lol

Hey John! Yeah, I actually know Travis from back when he was in Arizona.

I left you a PM on the other board and tried calling you Friday but someone hung up on me! Let me know when you have time and I will swing up and get that from you.

i replied to said p/m . my phone fell in anttifreeze lol i didnt hang up on ya . it slipped when i went to talk

i actually kinda like this camaro lol, idk why, im not a big domestic guy but i like this thing

cool thread, i love these bodystyle t/a’s and maro’s. I like how your resurrecting and old memory for you and your old man, that really is awesome, plus rep.

Lol…I hate it when that happens. I dropped my phone in the shitter once when I was taking a piss when I tried to answer it. I could here it ringing underwater. :lol

Also did this once. I was pissed! LOL

Love the cameo! Some good times for the little bit of fuel pressure and juice time you had. Maybe a stand alone system just for the nitrous is in order. Small fuel cell with its own electric pump and regulator. Then you can run race gas with the nitrous as well.

Gary, I only live about an hour and 15 min from you…it literally took longer than that to drive across Tucson at times. Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks. Like I said, it’s getting a standalone nitrous fuel system. The car currently runs on AVGAS, but next season it’ll have 93 in the gas tank, and meth in the nitrous tank.

yea and pull the metal bumper support off the front behind the bumper and the front sway if you havent already :slight_smile:

Front sway is gone, will be pulling the bumper support. I can see ~200 lbs being shaved off of this tank this winter! I’ll ‘log’ the weight loss, lol

Yeah it did Travis. Driving across Tucson sucked during rush hour…I will drive distance ANY day over that stop and go bullshit.

It’s a long winter…maybe I can swing up to that neck of the woods sometime and check it out. Are you going to pop the engine out so you can get serious in that engine bay? Are you keeping this a street car or will it end up as a track only car?

You’re welcome over at anytime, Gary. Engine is staying in. Goal is to make it a consistent 10 second car on the bottle, and it’s honestly there right now with the nitrous working the entire way down the track. Anything over that is just extra insurance. Hell, we will get 14HP just going to an electric fan!

Thank you Travis. The car sounds like a cool project. I can’t wait until my sons move back so we can have a father/son project. I have an almost new aluminum/plastic radiator out of an 85 pontiac full size wagon. If it will fit I will donate it to the cause!

Thanks Gary. We checked compression today-perfect. Pulled the hood, and started to pull the nose. It’s actually most of the way off, and needs to come off anyway, but I think I’m going to leave the crash bar shit in the front, simply due to the fact that there is going to be a one gallon fuel cell mounted where the battery used to be. We will make that call once the nose is off. Gotta be 20lbs between the hood latch/supports!

I’m not one to brag much, I’d prefer to let how my shit runs speak for itself…but this thing is the best sounding car that I’ve ever heard in my life. I’ll get a vid at some point. That’s more of me bragging for my dad/RPM Engines anyway!

EDIT-gonna pull the bumper shit and door beams for sure. Weighs more than I thought.

http://www.up22.com/camaro70.htm

You’re welcome Travis.

Nothing sounds better than a cammed small block except a cammed big block!

If the whole nose will be off it will be the perfect time to get that A/C crap out of the way. It makes it a whole lot easier to work on the car too on that side. :wink:

The end of year Valley swap meet is this Sunday, you might score a bunch of parts for the car at that one.

Its not a dirt modified.
Ive been to that swap meet and its 99% circle track shit and the other 1% is just shit.

Isn’t that meet on Saturday?

The Valley swap meet used to be awesome 15 years ago and still decent 10 years ago before I moved, not sure about now though. As far as dirt track shit, a wise man can get some smoking deals from those guys…

The swap meet is Nov. 6th from 8am to 4pm.