broke the bleeder screw

i just removed my clutch dampner and filled the system back up with fluid. when i attempted to bleed the clutch the top of the bleeder screw snapped off. now half of the screw is stuck in the slave and i have no way to bleed the system and get my car running again. do i have to go buy a new slave cylinder or do you guys have any ideas?

You can get extractor kits that have reverse-threaded screws. You drill a hole in the old valve with a reverse-threaded drill bit, screw the screw in and then just do the ol’ left-loosey technique on the screw (since the threads are against each other).

thx for the tip. would buying one of these kits be cheaper or more expensive than buying a new slave?

slaves aren’t very expensive.

Just buy a new slave… that’s probably your best bet.

ok. should i go to the dealership to get one or is there somewhere cheaper like napa or something? i would like to get one tonight so i hope they dont have to order it

Dealer is atleast 2x as much as an auto supply store, they can usually get it for you the same day if they dont have it in stock.

sounds good thanks for the help guys

i installed a new slave and bleed the system. when i bled it i didnt get any air at all, just fluid each time i opened the screw. the pedal is working properly and has full travel but its very soft. is everything ok or should i try bleeding again?