Broke the Iphone... Trying something new**ANDROID G1**

So I recently finished off my 3G Iphone today. When I was trying to text today it kept switching from letters to numbers to misc and then it just was being a bitch so I slammed it. The screen went white and no matter what i did nothing helped it. Mind you my screen was litterally destroyed from dropping it countless times, the top buttons didn’t work anymore, and the case had a crack in it too. Could care less, got the phone for $75 from a friend. I slammed it against the wall later and pulled the screen out. Looked like this prior to me pulling the screen out: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/alexsobo/HPIM1967.jpg

I had the 4gb First generation Iphone prior to that, that shared a similar fate. Over countless times from dropping it eventually the bottom portion of the touch screen stopped responding.

Funny thing is though, I think these phones are quite durable. The first one lasted me a year of rough ass abuse, water damage and it finally went kaput for no reason at all really. The second one I got cheap, broke it alot to the point where the screen was falling out, smashed it and guess what. Both my 4gb first gen and my 8gb second gen both still work as flash drives. My second GB still recieves calls with the screen removed.

Soooo now that story time is over, I decided to switch the game up. It would cost me $400 to get a new iphone 3GS, so I bought an unlocked HTC G1 Android instead. I got the used phone for $150 with a 8gb stick, the phone is mint.

Does anyone have any experience with these phones? I’m actually anxious to get my hands on it.

you COULD care less?

pretty much…

:picard: that doesnt make cents.

How many $ cents do you think it will take for it to make sense?

:picard:

Because $75 for a phone is extremely cheap, especially for an Iphone.

In addition, I got my value out of it(AKA it paid for itself many a time). I use my phones for work(Construction and misc) so my phones see a little more action than expected.

on.purpose. trying to further make the op realize his use of words was poor at best.

the phrase is i COULDNT care less… take a step back. think about it.

lol, I love explaining that to people. I HATE when people say “I could care less”. It quite litterally means that YOU DO CARE, at least a little bit.

nice, hows the G1

instead of smashing it you could have sold it on ebay for like $400

i seen his phone when i first met him, i think he tossed it to his friend while driving and the screen hit his shifter and cracked… so from then on it was pretty much f*cked… idk i had mine for awhile and it has only been dropped once and other then that i had no problems.

all though money is money so its never good to loss any amount of it.

But how is the G1 it supposed to be like the iphone right?

I would say no. :mamoru:

But it really depends on what you want. Its an open platform which is cool but its a bulky phone IMO. I played with out and the platform has potential but I just did not like the phone. I like the all touch screen but phones are personal preference.

K sweet.

How about:

I could maybe but although quite possibly but not really but just conditionally not positively care more or less about the Iphone. jkx2 but not exactly jk just maybe jk.

Now that were done being english sluts, I don’t like the iphone at all for texting. Thats my only gripe about it.

And its fucking expensive to buy out of contract.

Well well well… ive been waiting for a thread like this for months now… im glad someone else is jumping aboard lol.

I have had mine since November and let me say, im more than impressed/pleased …

However, from what I have read on all the forums, guys who make the switch from I-Phones really have trouble making the permanent jump.

Let me start by saying, although I have never owned an IPhone, my girlfriend does and I do have a lot of time playing on that so my opinion isn’t completely biased.

Ill start by telling you what you will hate: The battery is pretty piss poor and as of now, there is no practical solution to that other than buying two oem batteries. There are things that you can do to help like keeping 3g/gps/auto sync off till you need it and cycling the battery a few times, but at the end of the day, the G1 really drains that shit. There are bigger 2600mAh batteries but another flaw of the phone in relation to the IPhone is that its already pretty porky, so this will only make it worse. The camera and video camera could be better as well but google has vowed to fix those as they roll out more updates. They made substantial improvements on them in the most recent update.

Now, if you can get over that, I feel the software itself is pretty impressive. obviously the open source platform is the highlight of the phone but people dont really grasp just how dynamic it makes the device. There are sooooo many more practical/productivity apps in relation to the Iphone but if thats not your cup of tea, there are also countless amounts of UI/asthetic/fun apps that I feel easily beat the IPhones. The only thing I dont think the G1 has IPhone beat in is games but I never play games on my phone so I could “care less”:mamoru:.

Couple all of that with the fact that you have a hardware and a virtual keyboard, and thats what simply makes the G1 the winner in my book. I always use my real keyboard but if im driving or shitting or something, you still have the virtual (which imho, is better than the IPhones).

I really could go on and on about google sync and so on and so fourth so if you have any questions just fire away but really, if you can get over the battery, this phone is for you. Just pop a 16gig micro sd card in there and you’re all good in the hood.

yeah well only problem with texting with the iphone i run into is while driving… yep not supposed to to begin with.

Hahah ya. that is the only problem I have with it. If i have it in two hands tho I can text without looking.

Yeah, and sometimes when i type with it, i just use the later “u” instead of typing “you” and then it switchs the letter to an “I” lol… other then that, but i have been good at catching this!

Guys… we already have 5489561 IPhone threads… can we keep this Android:banghead:

android needs better hardware asap.

edit: i know there are new ones coming out

Isn’t there a huge thread in OT about this word?

SAW…
SAW
SAW
SAW
SAW