Iphone VS G1 Comparison

Hey guys, I’ve had a few days now to use my G1 since my Iphone broke. I figured since there was a lot of biased shit and not too much knowledge of the G1 Android I’d write a quick comparison for anyone interested in making the swap.

I bought my G1 used, It’s an Tmobile HTC G1 it came unlocked, and with an 8gb flash card.

My previous phone was an Iphone 3g 8gb that I also bought used.
Comparing the two phones:

What I like about the G1:

1. Call quality is much better, and louder
  2. The hardware interface is much better. In addition to a screen nearly identical in quality, precision, and performance to the Iphones, there is also a very very very handy track ball(Think exactly blackberry), in addition to a full keyboard. Although the keyboard can be tricky to use, its a huge advantage over the iphones virtual keyboard. ESPECIALLY, when browsing the web(You can actually see what you type)
  3. The android software is just as friendly as the Iphones, perhaps even easier to use. Yet, the android software is much more sophisticated and lets the border between PC and phone become much more fuzzy. Honestly, the software interface is lightyears ahead of the Iphones, words cannot describe how amazing android truely is.
  4. Android market is much easier to use than the Iphones, in addition the applications that are truely usefull are FREE. Free is always better.
  5. Organization of contacts is much easier on the G1.
  6. The G1’s camera is more sophisticated and better in pretty much every aspect. Although it is very prone to becoming blurred, there is an app that adds camera stability :slight_smile:
  7. You can send MMS and recieve it.(I know the iphone can do that now but It could’nt when I owned it)
  8. The G1 has GPS, which makes it more accurate than the Iphones calculations when it comes to pocket dyno or just finding yourself on google maps.
  9. The battery life is better on the G1, and the battery is removable. In additon to that there is removeable storage on the device(Micro SD).
  10. Believe it or not, the G1 is more ergonomic because its not a rectangular piece of thin glass.

What I don’t like about the G1:
  11. Although it feels very solid, the joint between the chin and the screen rub together creating a very plasticy creaking sound. Although, the hinge design is very robust.
  12. The keypad is not backlit very well at all.
  13. Iphone has better wow factor.
  14. Setting up an unlocked phone requires a lot of work(Entering in APN’s and what not)
  15. BIG ONE Cannot use 3g network on this particular phone since I’m using an ATT card on a T-mobile phone.

I was very skeptical about the G1. I used to feel all phones were inferior to the Iphone ever since the Verison voyager was supposed to be the “Iphone killer” and failed miserably.

However, the G1 really impressed me. It’s alot more versitle, and in a phone, thats really what matters. It’s got the performance of an Iphone, the hardware interface of 3 great phones, better software, a better camera, and all the features the Iphone truely lacked. I just wish there was a way to get this thing on 3g, then it would be perfect!

F’in right doggie… Im glad you made the jump!

I find it interesting that you find many pros in what a lot of users consider cons but to each is their own I guess.

People really dont take Android seriously yet and im really confused as to why… Im assuming its because people are so afraid of HTC’s name when it comes to the current hardware options or just dont like the G1 itself but honestly, Apple will be eating Androids asshole in the years to come unless they do something drastic. Mark my words as I have been saying it from day one… ANDROID IS THE REAL DEAL!!!

Like what?

G1 is gay purley for the reason there is not 50 different flashlight apps for it.

g1 is the shit… spoof app is the best

i didnt think there was even any 3g in this area for tmobile anyway

well there was a system update for the g1 and now my text messages seem to slow and freeze alot more now… anyone else?