Broken engine cradle near the engine mount on my saturn...

soo i got under the car today and noticed my engine cradle is broken. Awesome. Anyone have any ideas of a fix? I’m assuming a new engine cradle but possibly a temp fix could be to weld a steel plate along the bottom. Thoughts?

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5263/picturecp8.th.jpg

no way to weld to that crap… needs 2 be replaced

yeah :frowning: Anyone want to make a few bucks and replace it for me?

common problem on saturns. its getting tough to find good ones in the junk yard these days

There is nothing to weld to, its all rust.

No idea how you would get it fixed… If its common, saturn forums should have common fixes.

that sucks, just junked a perfectly good one to twin village.

call around.

ditch car, prob not worth fixing, unless by some small chance you find a cradle in decent shape and can do the work yourself…btw most scrap yards will not part with just the cradle. they usually make you buy the whole front clip.

call Nuwer’s in holland thats where i got the last one and i think mikey said he had a few. They might even install it

Hell. Id offer to weld it for you but in all honesty your better off getting a new one. Too much fab work would be required. Try M&M or something.

Wow that’s really shitty. Good old Saturns I tell ya. Good luck fixing it.

note to self: cradle is no longer approved jack point

hell i wouldnt touch that cradle w/ a mig welder if it was MY OWN car AND someone else pulled it out for me for free, i could take the cradle to work, sandblast it, and use the bosses materials / electricity to patch it back up

IE: its dead

oof. thats brutal dude.

oo that place looks cool. i contacted them, appears they have a few. Thanks for the info.

eh, i bet if you were persistent you could weld that back up…

But you’re going to need a bunch of steel to do so…

Homer: “See Marge, I told you they could deep fry my shirt”
Marge: “I didn’t say they couldn’t I said you shouldn’t!”

It’s dead. And as bad as it is before I even thought about putting any time, money or effort into fixing it I’d give the entire underside a close inspection to make sure some other parts aren’t about to rust through.