Budget build. $4K = 10's

The greasable jointz seemed like a good idea until I got them installed and realized that the cant be greased installed on an aluminum drive. The yokes are thicker and get in the way of the grease gun.

Buddy I would be coming to you if I wasn’t already on board with getting one of these:

With the 4l80 being slightly longer than the stock 4l60 I cant use the OEM aluminum drive shaft, regardless of me sticking with a stock rear end or going with the build 8.8 ford I have to use.

So for $350 I can get a custom length, balanced 4l80 input shaft and ford 8.8 happy other side that will hold and underrated 800hp.

Sunday morning the car is getting dropped off. Sunday afternoon v6/5 speed will be out. Tomorrow if the cape cod dude gets back to me I will be going down to pick up an entire LS1 front end; K member, rack, mounts, rotor to rotor, suspension, etc. Make this a bolt on affair. Then comes the fun shit. Updates most likely will remain off the radar here until its doing a burnout. unless I cant contain myself and feel the need to drop little clues along the way. OR if people are reallly curious, stop by the shop and see it. :ninja

Ya need to do my trq ARM asscheese

Good choice with the custom driveshaft

sunday I will be at the shop, supposed to be nice out too… if you are free make a run down. txt me prior to make sure ill be there when you think you will be by.

… Thought you weren’t supposed to be back yet?

http://shift518.com/showpost.php?p=888124&postcount=21

:number1

Stock driveshaft works fine with the 4L80e, you just need a TH400 yoke…

It’s a 6 cyl so it most likely a 2 piece shaft . And it needs to be shortened not the same length. So there fore it won’t work

TEN-FOUR. On LSx 4th gens, the stock driveshaft works fine with the 4l80e.

Shift is like crack, once it has its hooks into you your done :lol

The 4l80 is longer than a 4l60 so it needs to be shorter

The F-body 4l60e and the 4l80e are the same length according to the people on LS1 tech that have done the swap. Everyone uses the stock driveshaft, who knows.

Applies to the LS1 fbodies only, the LT1 4l60e is shorter.

Haha. He said “LSx” lol this caused quite the commotion somewhere else I know of :ninja

What lol

http://518carscene.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1833

Really ernie?

LSx is equivalent to saying LS* or LS(INSERT A FUCKING NUMBER HERE)

Right. That was the point lol.

Yes Cliff. Really. I thought that was quite a humorous thread.