Buell 1125r or yamaha R6

I’m getting a new bike in the spring and i have narrowed it down to 2 bikes that i really like a lot. does anyone have any input on this? i really love the direction that yamaha is going with it being a track bike right off the showroom floor. but i also really like the way the buell looks.

buell 1125 is sex

Id go for a Buell all day over the r6
GL

r6

i have an r6 now and this is my 2nd one… i like them

buell…

buell

buel -4
r6- 2

ive ridden r’6 and like them, ive ridden a buell once and LOVED it.

the only thing is its the first year for a buell being liquid cooled… i have nothing but good about the bikes and i rode my first one in MB a firebolt 12xr and loved it… and my old bike was an r6… i dunno i like the buell better… i would assume American harley to be the best in the area?

r6 alll day… ive ridden pretty much every bike… never got a good vibe from the buell… JBgti has both a buell and an r6… i like his r6 more…

but why an r6? so many other bikes out there… ???

buell’s are down on power… havent ridden the 1125, heard good things, but its soo ugly
sexy not found in the buell… sorry
http://moto-img.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/DSC_39971183954133.jpg
ughhh so hideous…
http://www.moto22.com/images/galleries/buell-1125/normal_buell_1125_05.jpg

i guess ive always been a yamaha fan… and from what i have read the 08 seems to be the top of the 600 class…

These are two totally different bikes.

What are you looking for? I personally like buells especially for the looks. The 1125Rs engine is designed by Rotax so as far as it being liquid cooled I wouldn’t worry about that. It is a very impressive engine that takes advantage of some really nice technology and development.

I have ridden an r6 but not the 1125.

im looking for an everyday bike… i have a harley but it sucks for long ride, im looking for a bike that i can just drive and not worry about.

What kind of harley do you have? What is your definition of long ride?

I haven’t ridden the 1125, but for “everyday” bike, the Buell may be better because of seating position (especially if you have bad habits with your riding posture).

I personally would get the R6, but that doesn’t mean the Buell is a bad bike.

i have a 85 harley lowrider… its a 1340 4 speed its a soft rail but the ride is far from soft. that bike isnt very comfy about 10 mins into the ride. i do alot of commuting between here and rochester/ waterloo. im used to a sportbike riding position because i had an r6 an older one. so that doesnt bother me. just want the better bike… i plan on keeping the next bike for a while so i want something good.

Technology-wise the better bike is the R6, hands down. Motorwise, R6. Chassis wise, I’d say R6 too although Buell has some interesting ways of implementing things, and Buell does make good chassis that handle well.

Probably comes down to cost and the motor and what kind of sound you like to be honest. Yamaha’s motor is tested, tried, and proven throughout the years. Rotax, :gotme: . If you are a current or previous R6 owner, then you already know what you should be getting.

No Suzuki love…mine is for sale :slight_smile:

why not step up to a REAL liter bike… i know a guy whos trying to sell an 05 gsxr 1000… before he moves south … the bike is mint with ~6k miles, never down, with a couple tasteful mods :wink:

he can be reached on nyspeed his name is willybeen :-p

Harley, well at least thats how I roll. Go with buell.