BUFFALO #7 in the COUNTRY for highest gas prices

[quote=“POOPRA,post:8,topic:40030"”]

I wonder if rochester is a big enough city to show up on the survey? They should have the same prices as us.

[/quote]

When I commuted to school and back from buffalo to rochester I used to fill up there because it was like 5 cents cheaper at the delta sonic by school.

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:20,topic:40030"”]

Must… resist… do not… get involved with rant… about cost of EVERYTHING NY state.

[/quote]

Things still seem cheap to me here :gotme: I’m not complainin

i’d gladly trade you gas prices for the price of homes in buffalo

[quote=“RedDawg,post:23,topic:40030"”]

i’d gladly trade you gas prices for the price of homes in buffalo

[/quote]

I’ll second that. anyone dare to look up mean/median home prices in Greenwich (hint… it’s over 1mil for a friggin house)? it’s disgusting, I don’t know why my parents chose to live there. There are plenty of NYC bedroom communities that are cheaper and still nice.

Damnit…we cant be #1 in anything :frowning:

$4 a gallon by spring :slight_smile:

I love being reimbursed at 50 cents a mile. Make it 10 bux a gallon so they raise my rate :pimp:

[quote=“kansei,post:24,topic:40030"”]

I’ll second that. anyone dare to look up mean/median home prices in Greenwich (hint… it’s over 1mil for a friggin house)? it’s disgusting, I don’t know why my parents chose to live there. There are plenty of NYC bedroom communities that are cheaper and still nice.

[/quote]

i can get a nice 2 bdrm trailer in a trailer community starting for only 150k out here :gay2:

Rochester, Syracuse and buffalo are generally indentical in gas prices.

Canada was obnoxious last feburary. 97 cents per liter, holy hell

But detroit had 93 octane for 2.45

I still say we need to cut off NYC from the rest of the state like washington DC. That is the real reason our taxes are obnoxious

[quote=“The_Russian,post:27,topic:40030"”]

Rochester, Syracuse and buffalo are generally indentical in gas prices.

Canada was obnoxious last feburary. 97 cents per liter, holy hell

But detroit had 93 octane for 2.45

I still say we need to cut off NYC from the rest of the state like washington DC. That is the real reason our taxes are obnoxious

[/quote]

People in NYC would like that. They (NYC + Long Island + the north suburbs) make up more than half of the population of the state. It could possibly benefit everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

I paid 1.10 a litre a few weeks ago, but that was for premium and it was in a rich-ish area in Oakville

[quote=“kansei,post:22,topic:40030"”]

Things still seem cheap to me here :gotme: I’m not complainin

[/quote]

not everyone is rich :wink:

I live in NJ about 5 miles from downtown Manhattan. Gas here is among the cheapest in the nation. I think the station by me (Exxon) was $2.81 for regular.

[quote=“JettaX,post:30,topic:40030"”]

I live in NJ about 5 miles from downtown Manhattan. Gas here is among the cheapest in the nation. I think the station by me (Exxon) was $2.81 for regular.

[/quote]

werd but hop across the border into NY and it pwns.

New Jersey has it’s own reasons for having crazy cheap gas (and gas station attendants)

Yes they do ,and I wish they would stop wanting cell phones and threatening to break my kneecaps becuase they have deposits

I drive 250 miles a week going back and forth to the office (fuck Lockport), which I’d bet is more than 80% of the people here. At 30mpg, thats 8.3 gal per week. At that weekly usage, a $0.50/gal price difference is $4.17 a week.

If you can’t afford an extra $4.17 a week then you have more problems on your hands than gas prices.

If you drive a gas hog of a vehicle, then thats your fault. If you need to drive a gas hog of a vehicle for work and drive long distances, then I can sympathize.

Obviously gas prices drive the costs of most goods and services, but that has much more to do with a national average than local price variances.

Stop bitching about gas price. It’s the same everywhere you go. If the state don’t get you one way they’ll get you in another way. 93 octane is currently about $3.05 in Northern Virgina. Yes it’s cheap comparing to NYS, but there’s a property tax assessed on each car.

NY doesn’t do that? shit I could be saving myself a lot of money by registering my car here… wait no my insurance premiums would skyrocket with the accident rates here.

I figured most states did yearly taxes on cars. In CT it’s a town tax which they claim is for road improvements, though that’s also what they claim about the gas taxes… hmmm

At least a gas tax is somewhat directly proportional to the amount you drive, the car tax is just based on how much the car is worth.

I love not paying for gas, being that I drive at least 600 miles a week. Sorry guys ha

/end of story

[quote=“AfXtc777,post:36,topic:40030"”]

I love not paying for gas, being that I drive at least 600 miles a week. Sorry guys ha

/end of story

[/quote]

I’d rather pay for gas and enjoy my 2 mile commute. :ohyeah:

That looks like a multiple choice question- “Which of these cities is not like the others”

[quote=“redrum,post:33,topic:40030"”]

I drive 250 miles a week going back and forth to the office (fuck Lockport), which I’d bet is more than 80% of the people here. At 30mpg, thats 8.3 gal per week. At that weekly usage, a $0.50/gal price difference is $4.17 a week.

[/quote]

I drive approx 400 miles a week (just to work and back) @ 18mpg :frowning:

figure with other errands and shit, I’m paying about 400.00 m/o just in petrol. I need a place closer to work

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:39,topic:40030"”]

I drive approx 400 miles a week (just to work and back) @ 18mpg :frowning:

figure with other errands and shit, I’m paying about 400.00 m/o just in petrol. I need a place closer to work

[/quote]

ow. at 18mpg I’d buy an old tercel or corolla and mod it to get better mileage than stock, and only drive the 18mpg car on the weekends :slight_smile: