Buffalo a miserable sports city with no jobs.

Yahoo news has been rather depressing this morning, lol.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/worst-cities-for-finding-a-job-in-2011.html

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/worst-cities-for-finding-a-job-in-2011.html

I couldn’t help but laugh hysterically when I saw the tie for spot number two.

:ham:

Photographers really can make things looks nice. It looks like a toy city. Should have a model railroad running through it.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/re/gr/0121_buffalo-ny_485x340.jpg

After they photochopped out all of the garbage all they could do was draw the city back in and make it look like a model.

I just posted this along with the worst sports teams article on Yahoo.

:frowning:

Isn’t there a few section 8 buildings missing from that picture?

LoL I’m literally laughing. This coupled with NYS making you need a license plate for your bicycle just made my day.

i’d rather be homeless/jobless in Miami.

I HATE Miami. South Beach can possibly be one of the Worst places I have been in my life. (worse then Iraq lol)

great point in there though, Nawlins has great food :slight_smile:

actually, i find that Buffalo has some pretty good food too.

If it’s any consolation at all, St. Catharines / Niagara is pretty terrible for finding decent work as well.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

i dont see how that is possible…

i thought the beach there was among the best beaches i’ve ever been to. Better than anything in key west and anything on the gold coast that i’ve been to so far… plus lots of hot chicks with fake tits on the beach with thier money children at 2p mon a thursday in october.

also, the food on ocean drive isnt bad… tourist pricing, but i’ve had two decent dinners there

One thing to look at in that article on jobs… it was for jobs above $50k/year.

The market does BLOW in buffalo for jobs, but that article is a little deceiving.

That being said… my ticker to leave NY/Buffalo is almost done, just got a few more things to do on the house, get it listed, and call the movers.

I am deff exaggerating but the people there were terribly fake and annoying IMO. I could never handle the south beach “culture” basically. I am a West Palm beach kinda guy.

Meh, I don’t need there to be tons of good jobs here, just one. Screw the rest of you that can’t hack it. :stuck_out_tongue: More good schools, cheap housing, stable weather, and waterfront for me.

+1

Supply and demand chief, the more good jobs out there or the more incompetent your competition is, the more valuable you become :slight_smile:

That is even worse as how the fuck are you going to survive on less then $50K a year???

South beach is not my favorite beach in the area, but you are a short drive away from some of the best beaches in the world. I happen to really like fort lauderdale beach, or hollywood beach. I’d rather live in the Miami area than buffalo any day of the week.

There are only people who do and people who dream. You want to be there…then be there.

In the world? C’mon…

If by short drive you mean short flight, I’d agree.