Buffalo haters step inside.

do you have data to prove this wrong?

Las Vegas # 3 baby woooo.

what about all the cities that didnt make the list?

like what, Debuque Iowa? oh oh oh I know Waco TX, how about Plant City FL?

you mean places that are not major cities?

what are all these alleged jobs? working in a factory or at a topps?

It’s top 100, so every state gets the 2 on an average, I’m guessing as long as it doesn’t totally suck, you’re on the list.

It’s like asking people how the water is, 90% of the time you get some negative answer, no matter where you live.

I <3 Buffalo.

X…

For fun I went over to buffaloniagarajobs.com and filled in just the salary search item for 50-75k in erie county and got 41 hits, all kinds of different jobs. Pretty good considering most places won’t even list salary.

“.Net” (programming language for non-techs) gets 51 results.

“chemist” gets 10 results (wife’s profession).

Both the wife and I had to change jobs in the last 2 years and neither of us found the Buffalo job market all that bad. Her search was a little harder than mine but we both found jobs pretty quickly.

Buffalo is a good place to live. But it could be a great place to live.

Dallas, TX
$65,000 minimum Salary
360 Jobs
No surrounding Areas

Buffalo, NY
$50,000 minimum salary
38 Jobs
Surrounding Areas

:tup: to a wonderful market

Taking from HotJobs

^ Well, Dallas is 55 on the list.

that list really makes no sense though, think about it a drop of 24 spots is equal to almost 10x the amount of jobs?

Yeah but how many more people are competing for those jobs in Dallas?

Dallas Population

Buffalo Population

4.5 times the people for 9.5 times the jobs…

www.areaconnect.com

lol:

#66 Boston-Quincy, MA Metropolitan Division 37 94 14 46 89 280

guess I’m not better off here :lol: :lol:

edit: weird - 62 Cambridge-Newton-Framingham, MA… Cambridge touches Boston but it’s 4 spots higher. These numbers are messed up. Also LOL at Rochester @ #58

yeah he only likes white stuff when its on his face

Dallas suburbs homes average price per square foot: ~$100

Buffalo suburbs homes average price per square foot: ~$67
Say, $100,000 / 1500 sq-ft = $67/sq-ft? That’s figuring high.

So as long as we’re arguing this crap, that extra $15k you make in Dallas will still land you a lower quality of life. :tup:

Not really, if you want to break it down to house prices we can do other things as well

Gas is cheaper
Utilities are cheaper
No state income tax
Fact that you do not have to drive more than 5 miles to get to any major Grocery/Box store

Also what is shopping tax, we are at 6.25 for cars, 8.25 for other sales tax

Buffalo is 8.75%

also add into that a lower automotive insurance premium…

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/bestplaces/compare_tool.jsp?id=PL3611000%2C&view=a&stateSelect=43&citySelect=PL4819000&x=17&y=3

plus larger job growth rate

That $15k more you are making are not equaling a lower quality of life, but in reality more…

sure do… http://mgt.buffalo.edu/CRC/2006_BS_Employment_Stats.shtm

:lol: From your own link:

Median income Buffalo - $33k
Median income Dallas - $45k
Median home price Buffalo - $45k
Median home price Dallas - $166k

It doesn’t seem like 0.5% sales tax difference and $600 dollar auto insurance difference would make up for that.

But we could argue different points forever, and we’d both make very valid arguments.

The point of this thread wasn’t to “prove” anything, or even claim that Buffalo is a great place to live. I mean, yeah it is for some people. For other people it does suck.

I am only pointing out that even a reasonably valid source says that Buffalo isn’t so bad.

:tup:

you are missing the extra 6.85% of your income for state taxes

that is also not taking into account size of house, for that price I am looking at about 2000 sqft with in the city limits.