Congrats Amherst

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2010/snapshots/CS3602000.html

Made #42 of Money’s list of America’s 100 best small cities.

:tup:

Median family income
(per year) $86,531

Didn’t think it was that high?!? Good For Buffalo/Amherst/WNY

No, not good for Buffalo.

Good for Amherst for not associating itself with that shithole city it’s next to.

lol so true

Think the last numbers I saw showed that Amherst has more residents than the City of Buffalo

ya’ll are probably better off saying goodbye to city of buffalo and embracing the amherst growth. Maybe someday it will grow large enough to take over downtown buffalo or something.

an amherst police officer was in one of my gfs communications classes last year at buff state and she was told (well the class was) that the town pays whomever is in charge to alter the crime ratings to be lower than they actually are

Let’s be honest though, even altered they are still better than Buffalo’s

They aren’t paid to alter them…but rather they alter how they report certain crimes (or don’t report them) so that they don’t show up in the statistics. I am sure other cities do this as well

So a stabbing would be like an accidental body impalement.
or a targeted misfire would be a shooting?

Amherst has more white collar crimes than anything, I’d imagine most of them are just paid out of court.

Id rather stab myself then live in the burbs but glad you guys enjoy it. I always love hearing the city hate from people that either lived in some poor person area of the city and or deff never even did.

i hate amherst

im about a half mile north of amherst. some people there are alright, majority seem to be pricks. especially the ones that move here then bitch about noise and have trails shut down or like the old guy across the street, he tries to come over and yell at me when im making too much noise in the middle of the day. thankfully hes afraid of my dog, i just leave her out and he dosent bother me anymore.

Out of all the area’s I’ve lived in I’m liking Amherst the best. Long term I think I’ll either move further out in a smaller house or buy an apartment complex closer to the city.

I’m just not a fan of cities, at all.

lol word. I’ve never lived in the city but my eyes are open enough that I don’t wonder why Forbes ranked buffalo the #10 best city to live in in the USA a month ago.

But anyhow, yeah Amherst is a really nice white collar suburban community. Tons of Jones’s to keep up with. :tup:

I hate Amherst.

I hate Amherst.

I hate amherst.

I also hate the shitty sections of buffalo.

amherst cost me 1200 in tickets/fees/etc… i hate amherst.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

in fact… the only place i really ever got tickets in ny was in amherst… I REALLY hate amherst[COLOR=“Silver”]