Buffalo/urban crime and murder

I have been thinking about the 73 murders in Buffalo in 2006.
If you live in Buffalo, you live within a few miles of 73 murders.
This has made me realize how conditioned people have become.
If there were 73 murders within a few miles of my house I would move.
I can’t even begin to imagine 73 murders where I live.
So what is it about urban living that makes it attractive enough to live in an area surrounded by savage killings?
To me it is absolutely bizarre.
I have never thought of myself as a “country bumpkin” but honestly it is sounding more appealing than ever.:gotme:
Maybe I am becoming a recluse and that is why I am building a house in a very private setting.:biglaugh:

Yeah I actually just moved up here and 73 murders in 06, sounded bad. To think theres already been about 10% of that not even 2 weeks into 07 is terrible.

I’m already looking for a more out of downtown area, just because I miss having a yard… :-(-

no matter where u go there will be killings, not as much but shit happens everywhere. we all cant just up and move. if we had it like then yeah but most ppl in buffalo dont. I live in a decent part of buffalo but yea in a a short couple min ride it gets worse. there are some decent areas of buffalo. you really cant relate cuz you wasnt(it seems u werent from the EA in your location) raised in the city or came from the city. its hard to wanna move away from the crime in buffalo where houses cost anwhere from 30-60K on average to a house in EA or Amherst upwards of 100k+

southtowns 4 Life

haha
dont get me wrong, as soon as I wrap up skooling, I plan to move down south

^You can move to much “cheaper” towns that don’t have murder though.
Not being raised in the city is maybe why I am not conditioned to accept the conditions in the city.
As far as shit happens everywhere, I can’t remember any murders near me other than a “love triangle” murder suicide several years ago.

My wife’s Cousin was murdered in Clarence, I thought that was very messed up. Its like its the thing to do now, nobody thinks there are any consequences anymore I guess. Seems like people have no fear for the Police anymore either and the worst part is the Police seem to be at the losing end of gun violence as of late. If I was a cop right now Id be at the shooting range as much as possible.

well if you think about how big the city of buffalo actually is, youre not within a few miles of 73 murders. that is to say, i would define a few as less than 5. from kenmore ave in north buffalo all the way to the tip of south buffalo is a hell of a lot more than 5 miles, and from the peace bridge all the way to the edge of the east side is a hell of a lot more than 5 miles.

You are splitting hairs to rationalize living there.:biglaugh:
Yes if you live on the northern most tip of Buffalo it is more than a few miles to the southern tip of south Buffalo.:roll2:
I think you get my point though.
If you live in the “good” part of Buffalo you are not far from the majority of the killings.

That lady just got murdered on the clearence bike path, and thats about a suburban than anywhere. I feel safer in north buffalo than in alot of areas, police and fire are about a min away for responce time. Hospitals are less than a mile away.

I guess that is one way to look at it.
“If I get shot, the hospital is right near me.”:biglaugh:
That is like saying, “I don’t need snow tires because I have seat belts.”:biglaugh:

How many murders were there in Clarance last year?
1, 2, 3? seriously, I don’t know.

you are tryin to define the city of buffalo as the worse area but the murder and crime is far less worse than any of the major cities. In comparison to the philly’s the nyc’s the chicago’s we are far better off. Dont misunderstand when i say this murder is by no means ok or acceptable but to base your opinion on buffalo when you have only lived in the surrounding suburbs is a poor amount of fact to validate your theory. I am not sayin you are inncorrect i jus think youd be better served to live in another major area before making a statement such as you made. Crime will always be in areas where low income is its a dog eat dog world for people in that situation they are forced to do whatever it is they can to feed their families.(I am in no way tryin to glorify only describe) If we had a better gov’t/president who actually gave a shit about low income families and people who need gov’t assistance crime would be down and murder wouldnt be nearly as prevalent

^I am not saying JUST Buffalo that is why the title says Buffalo/urban.

Why is it always the governments fault?
Holy shit, I don’t want to turn this into a political discussion.

lol is there ever a bad time for a politics debate

If you are worried about being murdered in Buffalo then you should worry about every other possible way you could die also. Some drunk woman could be driving the wrong way on the 190 and hit you Head on and kill you also (yea I pulled that right out of recent news). Anyways is buffalo still doing One man Patrols? Perhaps buff should step up on law enforcement with more patrollers. I know they have been hiring.(I would apply but Im lacking credit hours.)

I want to see SWAT team trucks cruising around in the high crime areas lol.
Its not like those guys do much besides training anyways <- ignorant comment*

I think that a lot of the crime is Buffalo is very localized to certain areas. Having said that, sometimes it does branch out to other areas like the Joan Diver murder. I live in Tonawanda just barely outside of Buffalo. Generally there isn’t a whole lot of crime in this area but last year there was a murder about 1 mile from my house. Still, it was a very isolated incident involving some groups of kids and doesn’t really scare me all that much. I still go running by that same area on a daily basis.

I wasn’t raised in the city. Quite the opposite. I spent my formative years in Alden.

But I think just being smart and avoiding potentially dangerous situations is enough for me not to worry much.

I guess thats kinda off the topic of murders, just nice to think if I had a serious medical emergency I could be to the hospital in like maximum 5 min. Rather than being out in the middle of east bumfuck and having a to wait for awhile for responce, let alone transporting you to a hospital. Its just a observation though, not like I considered moving to the city because hospitals are close by.

I think most of the murders that occur in Buffalo are centrailzed to a specific area, and yes its a short drive to these areas being its only about 5 miles away, but its far enough away for me that I never see it or have to deal with it.

I guess if your concerned about getting murdered by living in the city, you should be living in the burbs or country like you are. Myself I was raised in the burbs and dont find it much different than living in the city except for everything is much closer and convienent

Crime will continue until they start makes it so Crime DOESN’T pay.This country needs waaaaaaaaaaaay stricter laws to ever do anything.The legal system in this country is a joke.These ppl that break into some elderly persons home beat/kill them then get 6 yrs in jail.That should be instant dealth penalty.Same as rapists and child molestors.
D

Living in an urban setting and living in a suburban setting both have their pros and cons. Its just a matter of what you feel is important.

Plus you can not just go “OMG!!! 73 murders the city is dangerous, i’ll die if i go there!!!” You have to look into where all the murders happened and what kind of circumstances surround each of them. Where they gang on gang violance, robbery, cheating lovers, etc.

I am all for stiffer penalties for murders, rapists, and molestors.