Buffalo wants to ban stereo upgrades

Car audio ‘enthusiasts’ who do it properly are like the Car enthusiast who make nice cars fast.
The assholes who do nothing but throw money @ the local shops because they “wanna be bangin” are the Ricers of the genre. Making a bad name for everyone.

It’s the assholes that have ZERO regard for others (with regards to output levels) that cause problems.

I used to be big into dBDrag and the competitive side of it (with the Termlab pressure sensor and all), but it got boring after a couple years. Even THEN I would dial it down for daily driving and stoplights and such. Not too mention that I’d spent ~$700 on sound deadening (to keep it in also keeps scores up). My last “loud” vehicle (last spring), I used 4 gallons of liquid deadening & close to 40lbs of matting. (I still have some left actually). You’d hardly feel my setup from 20’ OR MORE away. Even full tilt (registered & certified 158 dBs @ 42hz on the dash).

That being said, the aforementioned law will have a shit-ton of loopholes and probably be enforced about as much as the tint / exhaust laws: only when an officer feels like it / cant find something else wrong.

/soapbox