Buffing Gel Coat

I have done it before on a tonneau cover many years ago when I was in auto body but I cannot remember the type of polish/compound I used.

Can any of you suggest a good product to use with a high speed wheel?

Thanks

They sell marine Polish for use on gel coat, probaly the best bet

Gary’s Satin wax; best wax to use for boats HANDS DOWN. Its not gonna give it a super shiny finish but it cleans it sooooo nice. I usually use gary’s then a high gloss compound.

This isnt a boat…its a truck tonneau cover. But I am pretty sure its a gelcoat material on it.

same difference, boats are gelcoated

Where can i pick some up? The cover I have is pretty sun faded and I just want to level it out…I dont need it to blind birds and airplane pilots.

This will take out heavy swirls and scratches
http://optimumcarcare.com/optimum-hyper-compound.html

And then follow up with this to get rid of any marring left behind
http://optimumcarcare.com/optimumpolish.html

This stuff should only be used by a rotarty. Dont try to use it by hand or by a cheap random orbital buffer type thing.

If you want give me a pm, i can see what i can do with my portercable and polishes.

+1

west marine will prolly have it

Hyper Compound with a Porter Cable. :barf:

OP, what is it that you’re looking for out of this polish? Ergo, what are you trying to do?

I want to see if it is at all possible to eliminate the severe sun fading of the piece I have. I think with either a good harsh polish or wet sand and polish it might have a chance at looking a touch better than it does. It cannot get worse I am just weighing my options before repaint.

Whats wrong with hyper compound with a PC? I’ve used it numerous times on all kinds of different cars and finishes and it worked great.

It’s oily. I don’t like it. At all.

That cover can be buffed out, but probably won’t be easy by hand. I would try Meguiar’s Fine Cut Cleaner #2 if you want something that can be bought locally.

Something like ColorX may also clear that up quite a bit.