Building a mud truck..

epic win.

what no tubular frame…lol

Im sorry that thing sucks soooo bad

Yes, that truck IS NOT WHAT IM BUILDING! Just a reference to the size. My frame will be 5"x2"x.120 wall rec. stock main rails, and 2" .250 wall round tube for the 4 link and lower cage support. Just ordered a new hydraulic mandrel bender and tubing notcher :slight_smile: So that combined with my 4x8 cnc plasma table should make pretty this pretty painless. My father inlaw looks to be selling his s10 and the body is in pretty decent shape so i might use that as the body for now… but who know… i just wanna get to work so i can start posting pics. also found a pretty sexy set of coil overs… be were still negotiating.

You are crazy lol

This is bad ass. I approve

This may be my new favorite nyspeed project. :tup:

Wow

2100lbs… each 13.371:1 gears… and it begins

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Lol, think you can get me a 9’’ ford read end?

you do realize those arent 9" fords right?.. lol We unloaded them with a fork lift and the front tire blew out lol i think axles are approx 2"

Planetarys, eff me.

Yes i know, but if you can find those you can find ANYTHING

planetaries > anything http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPMsnepDok4
I mostly want them for tug o war

Those poor poor motors.

what motors?

im very interested in seeing how the frame work ends up in this.

the .120 seems pretty light for such a heavy vehicle unless theres going to be triangulation and tubing all over like a monster truck.

Yeah, after adding up the weight of the shit getting thrown around, the main rails were bumped to .250 the main tubing for the transfercase/drop box an 4 link is .250. All the other triangles the reinforcing tubing will be .120 Im doin my best to keep her under 12000lbs. If it gets over that Ill have to use the larger trailer and run into transporting height issues…
Axles (total)- 4200lbs
Tires/wheels (total) - 2000lbs
Cummins 5.9 -1050lbs
Eaton 4spd - 400
rockwell 2.5ton tcase - 350

Ive been calling around to get the best price on the steel, im gonna try to order it and pick it up by wednesday so i can start working on it by the weekend.

I wish I could remember the name of the place where I got my stuff… its super cheap. When I get home ill look it up. They aren’t in the phone book either

http://image.dieselpowermag.com/f/10942620+w750+st0/0810dp_02_z+2002_dodge_ram_cummins_monster_truck+crushing_cars.jpg