Bumper Removal Help

Ive already searched for some answers and found only half of what i needed. I know where all the bolts are and have removed 3 on either side that attach to the fender. But how the hell do i get to the last one at the very top of where the bumper meets the fender?

superedit: its a 93(chuki) if that makes a difference.

take out the undergarnish in between your taillight or is it your front bumper need some more details

Clerly the front bumper dude.

You’ll need a 4-6" extension. Or a flexible head ratchet. Or both :slight_smile:

and the two other bolts that attach your bumper to your rad support thingy. open your hood there is 4 of em.

don’t forget about the clips that hold the skid plate/splash guard thing on if your car still has one. i always forget those bastards.

ive removed the skidplate and splash guard already. its just that last bolt connecting the bumper to the fender that i cant get to. its behind the headlight housing and i cant reach it from under because there isnt enough space to get my hand in.

its a front bumper fyi.

by the way, is the bolt your talking about like facing up ^ if thats the one that one stays on, it holds on the metal bar that runs across the front of your car.
if they are horizontal then you need to take em off. dont forget the four on the top tho i have seen so many people do it.

ive removed all the core support bolts so theres no worries there.
this should help:

you sure you only saw 4 bolts in there? there’s 5 on each side that go between the fender and bumper IIRC.

and to get the top one you just use a long extension, sometimes you need a swivel end, like was said before.

just the man i was looking for. ive read theres only 4 bolts, and thats all ive seen, unless theres another one above the one i cant reach.

i could just be smoking crack again, but i’m pretty sure that there are 5, i remember one of them is hard to see, though that could just be the one you’re talking about.

ya theres 3 below that, then one thats impossible to get too. i think its behind the fender support, or a support of some sort.

There are 5. Just stick your hand inside and feel around.

Put the socket on it securely so it doesn’t fall. Then attach your extension, then attach your socket (swivel head is teh best for this). Loosen bolts.

Enjoy.

thats the problem, i cant get my hand up there.

and for those that are interested, so far only 1 bolt has snapped. not bad ehh?

Not even i could get my hand up there…

and martino has tiny hands.
hes such a little boy.

not bad. none snapped on my black car, sucka… though the bumper had been replaced due to an accident before i owned it. only 2 snapped on the gold car and the bumper didn’t look like it had ever been off.

ditch your stock airbox

remove the stock airbox?
i wonder if that would work…wait, from what i remember i dont think id still be able to reach it.

i’m not sure why you can’t get the bolt, just put a socket on an extension and get it onto there, don’t try to put the socket on with your hand, then put the extension into the socket.

you can do it with the shitty air box still in there. but remove it while you have the bumper off anyway, it’s not needed.