Business ideas........

its really just all ideas at this point… i could invest in something more solid like that, but im already financially stable and investing through the AF. the money i would be receiving would be essentially play money… not that i dont take it seriously, im not gonna go out and buy 20 cars and dumb shit like that. i want to start something so that in 5-10 years, im sitting back and making my money work for me. most people dont have opport. like this cause it takes so long to save that money up.

ive seen so many people get large sums of money, and blow it on stupid shit.

Oh, by the way, if you’re coming into a windfall of money and don’t want to blow it on stupid shit, keep in mind that there’s a reason why people start businesses with other people’s money: Depending on what report you read, it’s estimated that up to 70% of startups fail within 5 years.

I wouldn’t start a business with your own money if I were you. Invest it, buy real estate, buy coke and hookers, just don’t piss it away on something so likely to leave you with nothing.

If you really want to start a business, hide that money :snky: and roll the dice with investor’s money.

The Wall Street Journal and the SBA estimated in 1999 that 65% to 70% of new business will fail within the first five to eight years of operations.

http://www.theinnovationroadmap.com/Archive/BusinessStartupFailureandSuccess/index.html

Here’s a pretty wordy study from the SBA that concludes that 33% of all small businesses fail within 4 years:
http://www.sba.gov/advo/stats/bh_sbe03.pdf

That.

Or that.

LOL

I don’t think opening up a store or restaurant would be a good idea. Way too much time and energy, you really have to dedicate 100 percent of your time to it

120k of income != 120k of profit.

Other studies have shown that statistically, likely due to stress if you start your own business you die 5 years sooner. It’s that much fun. :tup:

eh… with global warming, threats of nuclear war, and the thought of hillary clinton becoming president… dont really care bout those 5 years anyway… lol

Invest in drugs, people trafficing, extortion and gambling rings.

The more illegal the more profit :stuck_out_tongue:

Just make sure you don’t get shot and sleep with one eye open

and don’t need to pay tax on it…

you just got to be the other 67%!!!
think positive people!!

I have yet to see anyone chime in on this thread except for Don that actually has started/ran a business… so I wouldn’t take too much of the responses to heart. My response included.

Two words of advice I guess from my point of view - I have worked at a “start up company” for the past few years, and it is really fun, most of the time. However I think if I were to start up a business I would have a business plan that involved staying small, and doing something I truely enjoyed or I would NEVER want to own my own business. More people, more money, more problems, less enjoyment. End of the day it is all about being happy, it is not just the money.

Running a timmy ho’s franchise would likely be one of the most boring, shitty things to do… if you’re serious, think about what you have skills in/care about and start talking to people that have done those types of businesses.

I’d stay away from restaurants as they are one of the hardest to start up (non franchises)

edit: all though I did think of a business idea semi-recently that I thought was mildly plausible. It is kind of like those companies that ran in larger cities where people would pay a monthly fee to have access to a car when they needed it. This would be a higher end company though, and would take a fairly large amount of capital investment. Basically you’d have a stable of cars that range from mild to wild, from sports car to 3/4 ton trucks etc. People would pay a monthly fee that would be slightly higher than that of a decent monthly car payment, but they would have the option to take different types of cars as needed.

Basically have tiers of vehicles, like say this:
$400/mo tier, gets you access to $25-30K cost vehicles like maybe a WRX, s2k, Camry, Rav4, some kind of 1/4 ton pickup.
$500/mo tier, gets you access to 30-35K cost vehicles like evo/sti, bmw z4, lexus sedan, infinity fx45 or whatever the suv is, 1/2 ton pickup etc.

etc. etc. through different dollar levels

All though I think this is better suited for places like Miami, San Diego, LA, higher class areas… I figure you charge about 50-100 more per month than what the cars cost you, people would pay for the convience/novelty to have different types of vehicles when needed.

Dunno, sounds cool to me but I am a car person, and most people probably couldn’t care less.

That movie thing would be awesome.

if you just want to open a business, just to have your own business…and havent thought into it any further than asking nyspeed about it…odds are you shouldnt open up a business

OPEN A BAR

Drink and Drive… Bar/ Driving Range!

I went to this place in Livonia a week ago.

It was a bar/grill type place inside and out back it had a driving range and go kart track. Talk about fun :slight_smile:

http://www.pfq.ie/media/img/HouseType_B.jpg