Businesses not to deal with..

Thought I would post it up on here, maybe we can make this into an ongoing thread that could save the homeowner crew some time and money in the future.

I’ll start it out, beware of this guy… I called around, got some estimates, found him on craigslist, and had him come out. His estimate was in the middle, and he seemed very knowledgeable.

Total Home Improvement
706 Tonawanda Street
Buffalo, NY

Owners Name is Reno Andrew, phone number is 716-578-2511.

I hired this guy to re-line some seriously neglected yankee gutters with rubber, and install some new downspouts, and do some minor tarring of my chimney.

Pretty straightforward work, I would have done it myself, but my house is 40 feet tall…

He came out, and did half the work, then stopped for 2.5 weeks. I have been calling him every few days to come out and finish up the work, but he always bullshits me.

He installed the new gutters on one side, and left the downspout off, causing water to drip into the driveway, and drain right into my basement.

I called him screaming to get him out here to hook up the gutter.

Now I can’t get him to do the rest of the work, he keeps bullshitting me saying “too cold” “too windy”…

We have a contract for 50% payment up front, 50 at completion. Next time I deal with someone, I’m going to put in a late clause, if they are late then I pay them less every day that the job is late.

Now I looked him up on the BBB, he has 4 complaints in 4 years, 3 of them he answered, one he ignored.

Argh!

You trusted a guy name Reno

/thread

Did we not learn anything from The Russian ?

Found a contractor on Craigs List. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously? OMFG that’s awesome.

X…

OK, seriously you fuckers can blast me all you want…

I have found plenty of good work on craigslist, and in the fucking yellowpages.

Welcome to the year 2008…

And I have found plenty of good work down by Pablos Taco stand… I just pull up in my F150, honk, and the little guys hop in the back and pound out a deck in minutes… whats your point.

That sucks Justin :tdown: How did you pay him?

edit: if you need someone to finish the work, lmk. I know a few good contractors

Sorry to hear, Its hard finding a decent trust worthy contractor. On the other hand I found a great small engine mechanic on craigslist.

Well first on my list. Tom Woods paving. Scumbag is from north tonawanda. Swore up and down if we had any problems with our driveway he would come right back.My driveway is has speed bumps and cracks all over it. My dad called him up and his reply was " to fucking bad sue me".

Now on the list paddock chevy. Who three weeks ago replace my lca bushings. Which are now bad again.dropped the car off last night. THEY CALLED ME AT 7:30am to tell me I need a alignment and two front tires. They said they were worn horribly. I make a living selling tires and I know the tires I have with 5000 miles on them are not bad or worn improper. I layed into the guy pretty bad on the phone and picked up my car. I was dissapointed that they have dishonest service staff.

generally other contractors will not come in to fix other peoples fuck up just fyi…

Half cash, Steveo…

I should have given him a check.

I’m not worried about him finishing it, he will get it done, I’m just pissed about him not doing it timely.

Next time I’ll get a hold of you for some information before I get a job quoted, a good referral from a friend is priceless… Saves a ton of headaches.

and also, no one will ever sign a contract with you then, there is always shit that comes up with materials, weather, manufacturers. generally contractors will be like a week late on bigger projects than what they first estimated