Buy a Toyota or something...

Cause I swear to god, Nissan still hasn’t gotten their shit together. I was changing the fogs on the G today and painting my grille, and it’s just as hard, if not HARDER to work on the fucking thing. On the other hand, everything I ever had to do on the Solara (which was a lot actually) was a breeze. I suspect that Nissan intentionally designs their cars in such a way that you can’t work on them, or you need tiny asian hands to be able to.
To top it all off, my boss was showing me where his oil filter in his Camry is, the damn thing is pointing right at you! You can’t miss it, it’s right there, the motor is angled back toward the cabin, so the oil filter is literally in your face, with nothing around it, so you just reach in with your hand and twist it off.

Hey mods, can I get an edit on my thread title to say “My Progress on the G so far”
thx!

On another congrats on post # 5000!!!

of course car compnay wants to make it harder, so there dealers get more business… if it was easy there would be no need for dealers to have a shop, they would only do warranty jobs which equals free, and no money made!!

99% of people don’t change their wiper blades themselves. Trust me, making a car eay to work on wont take business away from dealers. If anything, it’ll give them more business cause they’ll have a really fast turnover.

I renamed the thread so that it actually has some use lol. Here are pics of all the stuff I’ve done on it so far.
When I bought the car it was all stock except for tints, and the Infiniti and G35 lettering was removed, so it only had the Infiniti badge. It looked really clean to me, so I kept it that way.
Then I put in an overpriced authentic Nismo knob, cause I wasn’t a fan of the stockie, and I did a full iPod integration with the stock HU, so that I can control the iPod fully from the HU as well as retain my steering wheel audio controls.
Today I got 2500k foglight bulbs, and painted my grille black. Very happy with the results. I also have a set of test pipes making their way to me, because I want to pollute the environment :smiley:

Pics:

I love my family toyotas. They’re so awesome. Everything is easier. and nothing breaks.

Toyota needs to step it up in the sports coupe market. they have nothing. Conclusion is that Toyota is possibly the single most boring car company on the market, yet also one of the most successful, its weird.

^^hard work = success straight up. toyota might not have been #1 in vehicle sales until now, but they’ve been up there the whole time in profit. it was only a matter of time for everything else to follow. it’s because they literally try to kaizen (improve) everything so that you’d be able to put a zombie on the line and still maintain quality…crazy.

by the way, i don’t know if you’ve heard but the toyota-subaru venture’s confirmed and rumours have it that it’s going to be a budget sports car rwd and maybe awd (subaru drivetrain (wrx and sti) and toyota body). can’t wait to see if they work on more things together.

very clean g solarian, i like how you can see your definition of clean on your car. subtle shit ftw.

Forget all that…Solarian…if your listening to Mauro Picotto you’d better have ‘save a soul’. That is his best shit ever.

Toyota/Lexus FTW!

But I still want a G.
Trade?

HONDA!!! FTW :smiley:

Actually I been looking at S2000 prices lately and I’m pretty tempted to get one.

I went to buy an S2000 when I ended up with the G lol. The Honda on hwy7 and Martin Grove didn’t have a single freaking one for me to test drive, and Alta Infiniti is right beside it, so I figured I’d take a G for a spin. To this day I still haven’t test driven an S2000, but I’ve sat in several, and decided that there are way too many things that I have now that I would miss if I had an S2000 instead. Still a great choice though, it was my first pick. Hondas are just plain awesome actually, I also loved the TSX, it’s a fantastic car, and prolly one of the best family cars out there if you enjoy driving spiritedly.

Tonio… when are you getting back into 240s?

I want to so badly lol… Someone trade me an S13 for my Talon!! It has boooost lol… you know you want it!
In all honesty though, the 240 I want most right now is made by Datsun, but that’s for when I have more money to restore one.

My toyota corolla was the most reliable car i ever had. it took all the abuse i gave it from when i was 13 but it just kept going. had it for 13yrs and it would always start with one click and hardly make any noise till about 4500rpm. would drive over bad roads potholes even no roads and i wouldn’t feel a thing. An integra dohcvtec came & left with a blown engine in between. but that was then, now i wouldnt touch a corolla with a pitchfork. after the 90 toyota has been making dumber cars to sell to dumber people. there were some exceptions like the supra, mr2 and altezza/is, but the rest sucks. Toyota should get an award for making the most boring cars.

nothing except the exhaust manifold!

i’d rather take off a 240 filter than burn myself any day.

So you wait a bit :stuck_out_tongue: You don’t want to be reaching in a 240 when it’s heated up either.

pfft, waiting is for suckers…

i used to work at jiffy lube and i hated when those damn toyotas came in, lol.

i live in the home town or toyota right now, i dunno if it just rubs off on your or what but i’m activly looking into a vintage Celica… personally i just really like them, then i’ll modrenize it electronicaly and suspension wise.

i had an interview with one of toyotas higher up pr people for class… they basically said making a sports car like a new supra isn’t environmentally friendly or good on gas so it doesn’t fit with thier corperate image… i’m like that image is boring hhaa, but he dad say they would probably be taking hybrids into performance and not just saving the environment