Nissan Dealership and 240SX

have you ever gone to the dealership and they treat you like a total idiot for having a 240SX?

getting comments like “oh i dont know about this part the 240sx is quite an old car so we have to charge you a bit more becasue noone ever comes in with a 240sx its such an old car we dont keep parts for it”

the idiots at the parts desk are just as bad …

meanwhile my car is in better shape then most of the used cars they have on their lot

the nissan dealership here is full of total money grabing idiots that think if you dont own the newest nissan model that its not worth buying the parts for the old one…

anyway anyone elese have any story about there dealer?

luckly my uncle owns a nissan dealership up north and i get all my parts shipped from him for half price if i need them

i am bored.

you should delete everything else from the post except for this.

if so… i agree

I usually got to 2 Nissan delearships… one is at 401 & Dixie and the other one by 427 & Dundas. But I don’t think I’ve ever met someone there that didn’t know their shit, LOL

Yep, get that all the time.

For example last time I went to get a filter for the SR he passes me a box and says here you go. I proceed to read the box for engine applications and I hand it back and say its the wrong one.

He says no, its correct.

I pull out the phone, call Jedi and say “are you at your computer? I need the part# for the oil filter”

Jedi gives it to me, I give it to parts and say, thanks I’ll be back on saturday to pick 2 of these up.

Or even better it when the salesmen try and ask if you want a new Nissan, and I reply; the only one on the lot that remotely interests me is the 350Z, and well, that 1990 240SX over there would give it quite the run for its money, so no, I do not want another Nissan.

I guess its just the hillbilly dealership around here -_-

what dealership is it?

nwmrkt wrote:

what dealership is it?

Doner Nissan…since you live in newmarket you know the one i am talking about just south of davis drive.

dealership in welland is decent, i mean the prices suck but they are straight foward.

i had a timing chain and an o2 sensor done there a while ago…lol… paying for an O2 sensor change…oh man i must have been 19

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1926/baconrt1.jpg

I’ve had these experiences myself…but lately things have been better somehow.

One time they wouldn’t do a compression test because my car was “too highly modified”. So I asked why, and they told me the lower crossmember was in the way…WHAT?? They’d have to charge another 1/2 hour of labour to remove it. I asked the mechanic to come out and explain.

Turns out unbolting my strut tower bar to get to cylinder 3 was worth $45 + to them…

Went through the EXACT same conversation with one of the guys at one of my local Nissan dealerships! :lol:

Agincourt Nissan

I really don’t like these guys at the service desk, one of the parts guy is ok. It seems like they don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about. Last time i went in to ask for the side skirts brackets that holds it up from the rockers because i was dumb enough to use double side tape to hold it up. Which resulted both to fall off on the street at the same time. Well, they didn’t know shit, the mechanic came out, and said, “well thats an aftermarket side skirt, we don’t carry things for that” then i said " no, those are original side skirts that came from the factory." he keeps denyingl, so i left and bought automotive glue instead.

the mechanic looks like the diamlier chrysler guy on tv, with a stupid big mustash and shit. hes an idiot there.

cant say i have that problem, they kinda look at me odd, and then freak out and ask me what it is.

Oil changes for the hell of it is always fun, just for the shear shock factor.

Most of the time i find the guys who work there are complete boobs who even when you say i need this head gasket, give them the part number and tell them IT’S FROM JAPAN. They still can’t get it done.

lol my story is pretty dum… i wanted to buy clips holding up a heatshield under my car… i culdnt point out which one on diagram so he asks if he can go look under my car… and i said u wont see it becuz my car is lowered… and he says why would u lower ur 240sx… and i was like ummm everyone lowers their 240sx…

sigh so stupid…

after a good like 3 weeks woundering where this site went, i got here…just to say about the nissan dealership…i have been to the one in the automall in brampton, bovaird and whatever… and because alot of there licenced mechanics are young they know alot about 240sx’s. i went there wiht my sr and they knew alot.

Midway Nissan is our hook up with the homeland…

The only nissan dealership I would ever get car my looked at is Brampton North Nissan. The service manager recently got a job with Nissan Headquarters as a technical consultant. He hosted a show and shine at the dealership over the summer, I recall some 240 guys showing up. There were maxima’s, skylines, pathfinders, etc.

The former parts manager from Agincourt is a Morningside Nissan, and he seems to knows his stuff. I find every other dealership to not know anything.

Experience Nissan in Orillia . i went in looking for the plastic rivits and clips to hold my inner fenders in and they were like oh its not worth our time to order them . i said what my money isnt good enough? i said here’s my phone number when they come in could you give me a call … still havent heard shit. that was in the summer… so they didnt bother doing anything for me.'does anyone know where i can get them after market ? or a place that carries them in bulk… thanks guys…

The Brantford Nissan dealership is quite good, every time I ever walked in I had no problems with them, in parts theres a guy in his 30’s whos very respectful and treats his customers well.

In the parts department again theres a guy named Rick, who some on this forum might recognize even without knowing his name, he owns a race datsun 240 he organizes all nissan 240, datsun meets, like the last one that was held this past summer in Flamborough.

anyways no problems with this dealership, come on down to brantford and youll get treated like any other customer

hahaha lower crossmember removal for compression test.

i have called up barrie nissan a few times for a part. i belive it was a lower control arm. i called them up and this chick answered. she was so dumb i got pissed cause she had no idea. then i get to my girlfriend house that night and her sister is there all pissed off. i ask her what is wrong and she told me she started he new job that day at nissan and some guy called in and bitched her out for not knowin her shit… true story.